10. Namjoon's confession

Y/N's POV
You shut down your laptop after saving your work from today. The curtains were drawn and the lights were dim as you settled down in bed. You were about to switch off the lights when you suddenly heard a soft knocking on your bedroom door. sighing, you climbed out of the comfortable warm nest of blankets and opened up the door to your dorm room. You were met with the tear stained, blotchy face of Kim Namjoon. He instantly rushed into your arms, holding onto you tightly as you just stood there, arms by your side, not exactly sure what to do.

"Y/N..." He sobbed as tears soaked into your oversized T-shirt. You picked up on his body language, realising the something was seriously wrong. You closed the door behind you and waddled your way to the bed with Namjoon still clinging to your body like a koala.

"Hey, hey... Namjoon what's wrong?" You asked, laying down on the bed with him, he buried his head into your neck, tears wetting your skin as you patted his back softly. "It's L-Lia, we argued a-and... she b-broke up with m-me," Namjoon stuttered between his sobs.

"Oh Joon, I'm so sorry, it's okay I'm here," you comforted him, running your hand through his thick hair. "Why did she break up with you?" You asked. You thought their relationship was going well. "It doesn't matter, I just..." He broke off, nuzzling his nose into you as another loud sob left his lips.

You felt sorry for him, taking him fully in your arms as you laid down together. You didn't know a lot about this man but you already knew that if the roles were reversed, he would take care of you. Namjoon was already so close to you, but you don't know his intentions. Did he want to be friends, or become something more?

You laid together, limbs intertwined as Namjoon's breathing began to regulate again. You heard his sobs quiet down and his tears eventually stopped. Namjoon pulled away from you, staring into your eyes as you stared back. His eyes were so deep, so captivating. Glistening with tears like tiny jewels. His lips were plump, soft and pliable looking. His skin was silky smooth and the gentle curve of his nose made him look delicate but handsome. His nose was pinkish from crying and his eyes were bloodshot, however, he still looked extremely handsome to you.

Namjoon leaned into you, eyes staring into yours as he inched closer and closer. You froze, not knowing exactly where this was going. Your question was answered when the beautiful man's lips landed on yours. They were so soft, just as you expected and it made your heart skip a beat. You had shared kisses with other people, Yoongi and Mr Kim for example. But they were different. They were lustful and fervent. Namjoon's kiss was so gentle and soft. Like you were a delicate vintage ornament and he was terrified that he might break you.

You began to kiss him back, feeling the pressure of his lips against yours. Your breathing sped up as he deepened the kiss slightly. However it was still light and airy like feathers grazing each other. The wetness of his lips allowed them to glide smoothly over yours. Your eyes were closed, faces pressed together, arms still around each other as you laid on the bed.

He finally pulled away from your lips, resting his forehead against yours, your warm breaths mixing as you both gasped for air. "Y/N," He panted, "I really like you."
You froze, taking in his words. You never expected him to have feelings for you. You purely just thought that Namjoon was using you as a rebound to help him get over Lia. Your head felt cloudy with thoughts. You shouldn't have kissed him back, you should have pushed him away. You slowly pulled apart, looking into his eyes before lowering your head to look awkwardly at your lap.

"Im sorry Joon, I just... I don't really know how I feel yet... this is all a bit of a shock to me," you tried to explain whilst nibbling on your lip nervously. "It's okay Y/N, take your time," he kissed your lips gently one last time before pulling away and standing up from the bed. Namjoon switched off the lights and tucked you into the soft blankets. "Goodnight beautiful," he smiled before leaving the room, closing the door with a quiet click.

You couldn't sleep at all that night. Namjoon's words haunted you, echoing round your head repeatedly. Did he really feel that way about you, right after a messy break up? Namjoon meant a lot to you and you had feelings for him in the past, but now, you didn't even know how you felt yourself.