34. The Aftermath

"Miss Y/N?" A deep voice called as you made your way through the crowded corridors of the school. You turned around, seeing Mr Kim smiling at you. "Could I speak to you please?" He asked. You nodded, following him into his empty classroom.

You sat down opposite him, nervousness playing in the pit of your stomach. "First I all... are you okay?" He asked sincerely, his voice was lined with concern as he tried his best to weakly smile at you. You thought for a moment, reflecting back on the recent events and their consequences.

Namjoon had spent a week in a coma and a further week recovering in hospital. Although he was much better now, and he was able to walk again, you still felt obliged to care for him.

Lia had passed away instantly from the bullet wound. They say the bullet went straight through her head and out if the window, landing in the street below. However the rumours were so twisted by now, you didn't really know what to believe. Both you and Namjoon had skipped the funeral, for obvious reasons.

Yoongi, out of all of you had suffered the most. He was sentenced to two years of jail time for manslaughter. You had argued with the court that it was self defence, which did minimise his jail time. However he was still put behind bars. You did your very best to visit him often, visiting the jail every weekend with one of your friends so that you could have a quick conversation. He seemed happy, but maybe he was faking it.

And you. You were so distraught from the whole incident. You had been receiving regular trauma therapy which was helping, slightly. The thing that was helping you the most, was knowing that Namjoon was by your side, and he wouldn't ever dream of leaving you.

"I'm okay, I think," you smiled, finally locking your gaze with your teacher's. "You've been through something traumatic Y/N, it's fine if you're not okay," he frowned. You looked at him, smiled weakly, and then burst into tears. "I can't do this," you cried, "everything just feels so wrong!" You sobbed. Your teacher placed a hand on your shoulder. "Explain it to me Y/N."
"It's just all my fault! it's my fault that Namjoon got injured. It's my fault that Yoongi is in jail. It's my fault that Lia died," you sobbed, tears streaming down your face.

"First of all, wipe your tears, I hate seeing you cry," Mr Kim stated whilst gently wiping a tear off your left cheek, "secondly... none of that is your fault Y/N. Lia is the one who caused all of this, she brought this upon herself and on you, Namjoon and Yoongi. Please don't punish yourself for her actions," he smiled, rubbing your shoulder gently.

"Okay," you whispered, smiling slightly. "I have a meeting now, but you can stay here, the room will be empty for the rest of the day," Mr Kim stood up, pushing in his chair. "Thank you, I have lots of work to catch up on," you said whilst pulling some textbooks out of your bag.

"Well you don't have to do any work for my lessons, take it easy," he smiled before leaving the room, closing the door gently on the way out. You sighed, picking up your pencil, and wiping your stray tears before you settled down to work.