18. Questions Asked and Questions Answered

The walk home was peaceful, the sun had set, leaving the countryside shrouded in darkness. Crickets could be heard in the long grass which grazed your ankles gently with each step. "The grass tickles," you giggled causing Jimin to turn round and look at you. "You get used to it," he laughed back, pausing to let you catch up. "I really enjoyed today Y/N, you're a really fun person to spend time with," He smiled, his face was so round and squishy like a dumpling, making you want to cuddle him.

You looked around, not quite remembering this part of the path. The world looked completely different now that it was dark and the moon didn't create much light. "Hey Jimin, you know where we are right?" You asked, seeing the boy's eyebrows furrow as he looked around. "PARK JIMIN!" You shouted, causing an animal to stir in the trees above. "We are lost?!" You asked, placing your hands on your hips and giving him the dirtiest glare. "Not lost, just a little... off track?" Jimin grimaced whilst rubbing the back of his neck.

"Hey, you have your phone right? Can you use google maps?" Jimin asked, cocking his head in question. You pulled your phone out of your bag, trying to switch it on, but the screen stayed black. "It's out of charge," you groaned. Jimin's eyes widened but he continued to walk towards the unknown, in hopes that it will bring you back to campus.

You continued walking further, making no progress at all, until you stumbled across a road sign. "We've been going in the right direction all this time! See I said we weren't lost," Jimin laughed before grabbing your hand and starting to run in the direction that the sign was pointing to.

You finally found the road again, the streetlights lit up the tarmac covered floor as the two of you quietly paced down the street. "I feel like I don't know very much about you Jimin," you sighed, looking down at your feet as you walked. "Let's play a game to get to know each other," he smiled.

"Okay, how old are you?" You asked. "I'm 16, the same as you," he smiled, "how did you end up at this school, you don't seem like the kind of person to get a criminal record?" Jimin asked making you hum in  agreement. "I got bullied a lot at my old school. One day the bullies took it too far and set fire to the school but framed me. I pleaded the police and said it want me but all the fake evidence pointed to me. I was sent here to finish school instead of going to prison." You sighed, the bad memories filling your head. "Damn that's awful Y/N!" Jimin frowned.

"So how did you end up here?" You asked, curious as to how the dwarf managed to end up in this school. "Well my dad left me and my mum a long time ago and my mum didn't have a very well paid job. We could barely afford the cost of living, never mind luxuries. One day my mum got really ill and she needed an operation, but we didn't have the money. So I did the only thing I could think off. I robbed the corner store near my house, emptied out the cash machine and took all the money they had." Jimin looked up into your eyes, "the police caught me though," he sighed.

You felt a heavy weight land on you after hearing Jimin's story. "W-What about your mum?" You asked hesitantly, not sure if you were overstepping the boundaries or not. A tear left Jimin's eye, cascading down his face and landing on the cold, dry pavement below. "She passed away later that night. Even if I had gotten away with the money, it would have been too late." You pulled him into a hug, feeling his small body press into yours. His body shook slightly as he let out a staggered breath.

"Hey we are nearly back on campus," you said, spotting the small cafe you had visited with Yoongi that day. Jimin cracked a sad smile and nodded. "Y/N, I have one last question... what am I to you?" Jimin asked, his crescent shaped eyes staring into yours. "I don't know, a friend I guess. My mind is so full at the moment," you sighed, running your hand through your hair. You expected Jimin to be upset at your answer, however he pulled you quickly into a hug, "we are friends?! Oh my gosh thank you Y/N! That's all I have ever wanted," he giggled, squeezing you tightly. "You've always wanted to be friends with me?" You asked, raising an eyebrow curiously. Jimin pulled away, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, "y-yeah."

You reached a fork in the path, now stood on the grounds of your school, "well I'm going left," you cocked your head to the left as Jimin pouted. "My dorm is right," he replied. The two of you wished each other goodnight and parted ways, making your way back to your dorm rooms in peace. You feel like you had learned so much about Jimin from today, you really hoped the two of you would stay friends for a long time.