30. Catching feelings

(I made some changes to the last chapter. Originally Namjoon and Y/N were going on a lunch date, but now it is a dinner date in the evening as this fits better with the events that are soon to come. Sorry for this inconvenience.)

The sound of the doorbell ringing echoed throughout your small dorm
room, making you panic. You quickly applied your sweet scented perfume and slipped on your black heels before you made your way towards the door.

"Hey Joon!" You half shouted slamming the door open in a hurry, "I promise I'm almost ready." You smiled as he looked you up and down. Namjoon stepped closer to your body, planting a gentle kiss on your cheek as he passed you a bouquet of about two dozen crimson red roses. "You look stunning Y/N," he smiled as you blushed. "Namjoon... these are so beautiful," you gasped, admiring the delicate flowers. "They're just like you then," he grinned making you giggle.

You placed the roses in a vase and quickly filled it with water before you grabbed your coat and keys and prepared to leave. "Got everything?" He asked, reaching out to take your hand in his. "Yep, lets go!" You intertwined your fingers with his before you left the school premises.

You walked hand in hand to a restaurant in the town you were situated in. It had large glass windows that could easily be mistaken for the walls. The architecture was modern and it was lit up on the inside with warm white lights, giving it an inviting and cozy atmosphere. The two of you were taken to your seats, and after ordering a bottle of well aged Cabernet Sauvignon, the two of you settled down to enjoy your evening.

"I honestly can't believe I've been at this school for two months now," you exclaimed. "I remember the first day we met, as though it was yesterday," he laughed whilst taking a long sip of his wine. "You were the first friend I made at this school," you smiled, following suit and taking a big gulp of your wine. "Just a friend?" He asked, raising his eyebrows as he nibbled gently on his bottom lip. "Well, I-I mean..." you stuttered, blushing a shade of deep pink. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have put you under the spotlight like that," he interrupted, taking your hand in his.

"Y/N... I know you don't feel the same way, but I will never stop loving you. I will wait for you, until you're ready. And if that day never comes, then it doesn't matter. But please understand how much I care for you... how much I love you," he smiled sadly. You could hear the pain in his voice, the ache in his heart in fear that you'd never be his.

"Namjoon, you mean a lot to me. I just... I don't know... I'm scared to commit to something," you tried to explain, making Namjoon cock his head. "You need to explain better Y/N. Why are you scared?" He asked, "is it me? Is it after what happened with Lia? Or after the fight with Yoongi?" He asked, tears filling his eyes threatening to fall. "I-it's not you Namjoon, it's me. I don't want to hurt you, and I'm the kind of person that can't commit. I don't want to break your heart!" You sighed, lowering your voice as you realised your heated conversation was gaining the attention of many other customers.

"You could never break my heart Y/N," he smiled, caressing your hand gently. "Namjoon! I've fucked every guy in our friendship group! Hell... I've even fucked Mr Kim!" You shouted. Namjoon's eyes widened, his hand retracting from yours. "Twice," You added, wincing as you realised that didn't help your case in the slightest.

Namjoon just laughed. It was the type of psychotic laugh that was so sarcastic and fake, you'd be dumb to think he was being serious. "Yoongi was right," Namjoon sneered, standing up and grabbing his coat. "You really are a slut."

And with that, he stormed out of the restaurant, handing some money to the waitress on the way out. Your heart clenched as you banged your head down on the table, tears instantly cascading out of your eyes. And landing on the soft white table cloth beneath you. "Excuse me Miss, would you like to order your starter?" Asked the waiter with a smile. You gave him a glare, throwing on your coat and leaving the restaurant as fast as you could.