7. Words of Warning

You had to admit, despite Yoongis short height, he was indeed, very talented at basketball. You spent the entirety of the afternoon watching him play, not having anything better to do anyways. As the sun began to set, a warm orange light flooded the basketball court, you two decided to part ways.

"Call me okay?" Yoongi smiled, his gentle nature always made your heart flutter. You nodded, before beginning to make your way through the quiet campus towards your dorm block. The sky was a river of yellows, oranges and reds. The light reflected off every surface and pooled over the ground like liquid honey. Birds sung their evening songs and pupils slowly made their way through the summers evening towards their dorms.

You were drawing closer and closer to your dorm until your saw a familiar looking figure sat on a bench. Their shoulders were slumped as they leaned over, reading a book. You crept towards him, making sure you didn't disturb the peaceful looking boy until the right moment. You were right behind him now, seeing his bleached blonde hair glowing brightly in the light.

"I don't know you could read!" You shouted a little to loudly, placing a hand on his shoulder making him jump and recoil in shock. The older boy turned around staring into your soul with an extremely threatening glare. "Damn it Y/N, where did you come from?!" He practically shouted, gently hitting you as he held one hand against his rapidly beating heart. You laughed, sitting beside him on the bench. Namjoon closed his book, placing it inside his brown leather satchel.

"Yes I read, how else am I supposed to pass my exams?" Namjoon asked stating the obvious. You just laughed before slapping his thigh gently. "It was a rhetorical question dummy!" Namjoon's cheeks flushed pink as he looked away from you. You looked out at the sunset, the light was gradually fading away now. Tiny streaks of warm light shone through the gaps in the trees.

"Y/N?" You heard Namjoon ask from beside you. You looked over at him, raising your eyebrows, cuing him to continue talking. "What were you doing with Min Yoongi? How do you know him?" The boy asked, looking over at you questioningly. You sighed, remembering earlier's events in the coffee shop. "I sat next to him in class the other day, he asked if we could work together," you explained. Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows. "Are you two close?" The tall boy asked, cocking his head slightly. "I mean we barely know each other. We just worked on the bondage task together." You smiled, fingers toying with the hem of your skirt.

"I don't mean to be a dick Y/N..." Namjoon started to say, "but I've known Min Yoongi for quite some time now and I..." Namjoon watched your face fall as your eyebrows furrowed. "He's not the type of guy you should be hanging round with," Namjoon frowned, reaching to hold your hand. You let him hold it, savouring his gentle touch as you inhaled. "He seems like a decent guy to me," you said, but it was more of a question than a statement. "That's what I thought when I first met him, but... he's a bit of a player Y/N," Namjoon tried to explain.

You looked over at the older boy, smiling sadly. "I'm not trying to defend him, but Yoongi has been nothing but sweet towards me. I really don't see how he can be a bad guy," you explained, holding Namjoon's hand still. "Just be careful okay?" Joon smiled with an exhale.

You nodded, standing up, intertwining your fingers with his as he also stood up from the bench. After grabbing his bag, the two of you walked through the now dark campus. The sunlight had completely faded away, leaving the grounds lit up by the bright white moonlight. Joon pointed to the sky, where the full moon sat peacefully. "It's so beautiful," he whispered, walking closer to you as you shivered in the cool breeze. "Are you cold?" He asked looking over at you concerned. You shrugged your shoulders causing Namjoon to instantly stop walking.

He pulled a hoodie out of his bag, passing it to you. You quietly thanked him before pulling the hugely oversized black hoodie over your small figure. You both began walking again, occasionally passing other students who were peacefully returning to their dorms. Namjoon's shoulder brushed against yours causing you both to make eye contact. You stared into his deep dragon eyes, the moonlight reflected in his pupils making his eyes glow and shine. "Joon... moon," you whispered with a smile, looking down at the floor as you climbed the steps to your dorm room. "No one calls me Joon," he whispered back. You looked up, cheeks burning as you quickly thought of something to say. "Oh, I'm s-sorry I just thought-" Namjoon laughed, cutting you off and pulling you into a tight hug. "It's okay, I like it," he smiled as he savoured the physical contact between you both. He raked his fingers through your hair as you inhaled the scent of his sweet, masculine cologne. After a few moments, he pulled away and you realised you were now outside your dorm room.

You laughed, as Namjoon tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. "I'll wash your hoodie and return it next time I see you!" You pouted, signalling to the large hoodie you were still wearing. Namjoon just shook his head, "no keep it, it suits you."

You smiled, hugging him quickly once more, before unlocking the door to your room. "Goodnight Joon!" You smiled, walking into your dorm and closing the door behind you.

"Goodnight Y/N," Namjoon whispered.