✨Fifteenth Dream✨

If you noticed, I changed the chapters names from "Two Dream" and "Twelve Dream" to Second and Twelfth Dream and etc. since it sounds better and you could tell that a chapter named "Four Dream" is the fourth chapter but it leaves a sour taste of "No" in your mouth.

That's all, let's get on with the chapter! ≧∇≦

+++

"Any idea where we're going or are we gonna follow these stairs that hopefully lead to the basement?" Muichirou asked as you both descended down the stairs, holding hands.

"Hopefully it should be the basement." you told him. Muichirou tried to insist to carry you earlier but you reasoned with him if a demon suddenly appeared, so he settled with holding your hand in the event something might happen.

"You acted so cool in front of the demon hunters that I thought you had a plan."

"I didn't. I just said what I said because I didn't want to lower their morale. Be honest with me, do you actually think those girls are alive?" it wasn't that you were being mean, you just faced reality head on.

"I guess not." he agreed as you both reached a metal door with an eye slit.

It was a bit too tall for you but the perfect height for Muichirou so he was the one looking through it as you relied on the conversation you're currently hearing.

"And you're certain these two female demon hunters are strong?" a small childlike voice said.

"There's a little girl talking to the woman earlier. I think her child became a demon." he whispered, careful not to get caught.

"They had different auras surrounding them than the other two before so I'm quite certain." you heard the voice of the woman responding, her voice was shaky and nervous.

"Really? That's great!" the child demon yelled in happiness.

"Ohh, the demon child hugged her mom." Muichirou commented.

"So, when will you return back to normal dear? I've done everything you asked for, I even brought the demon hunters here." the voice of the mother, helpless and shaky asked the demon child.

"Almost! I just need those two and I'll definitely turn back into a human! I can feel it!"

"So the demon convinced the mom she can have her child back? How sad." you concluded on your own. "Should we bust in now? I'm afraid she'll get eaten at that point." you asked as he nodded.

He cut through the metal like it was nothing as the mother and demon daughter pair paused, their eyes widening. Like mother's instinct, she shielded the demon child behind her.

"Y-you two are supposed to be passed out by now from the sleeping drugs!" she yelled.

"You call those things sleeping drugs? I barely got a good sleep from them. Talk about drugging people with drugs that don't even work." you grumbled bitterly, unsheathing your sword. Muichirou followed.

Noticing the swords you previously hid now in your hands, tears came out of her eyes. "Just stop! Can't you see this is my daughter?"

You approached her and effortlessly picked up her child by the back of her clothes.

"M-momma! Please save me!" you saw the child shedding crocodile tears. You knew the demon couldn't care less about her mom.

"Please–! Please put her down." she bowed, her head touching the cold stone floor.

"Take a good look at her. Do you honestly think this is your daughter?" Muichirou said coldly, showing no remorse for the woman or the demon.

"Please, please, just please don't hurt her..." she sobbed.