✨Forty-Second Dream✨

Happy Birthday muichirosbitch. I won't be publishing a bunch of chapters, unfortunately.

I'm just gonna publish this one that has no affect on the update schedule whatsoever.

+++

Your eyes widened, seeing the ghostly figure of your deceased brother.

"So I'm gonna die now huh? It doesn't seem so bad."

"Don't think you can just die! Where's your survival instinct of something?" he asked in an annoyed tone, pressing his nonphysical foot on your head.

Somehow, just somehow, you felt the pain.

"Survival instinct?" you asked, an irk mark on your face. "Which of the (L/n) siblings died again?" you asked tauntingly as your eyes widened. (L/n), so that was it. (L/n) (Y/n).

"Hah? Look at you. It makes me wonder why I even saved you." he said, veins popping out on his ghostly face. "What's wrong with you? You reacted to much to (L/n). Did you forget your name or something?"

"Yeah, I did." you rolled your eyes. In your memory, he seemed nicer. You remained silent before you realized something. "How am I even talking to you? Aren't I still on the brink of death or something?"

"Gosh, you really did forget." he placed a hand on his forehead, finding this situation annoying. "Geez. You're wavering between life and death right now. Our family has a special lineage so this is normal, mom can't cross over since she isn't a descendant of our family so dad is keeping her company."

"I sure hope mom and dad aren't related but hah?" you gave him a look of disbelief. Weren't you dying? Why was everything so confusing? "Listen, I'm dying as it is. So I'd appreciate it if you didn't make things confusing."

Hiro rubbed his forehead, letting out an annoyed sigh. "And here dad said you were gonna go through an epiphany and get your memories and beat the hell out of the demon but you're clearly not and on top of that, you even want to die. All that happened was a shock wave."

"Just a shock wave?" you asked, a forced smile on your face. "You try going through thorough this. Everything feels so messed up."

"I'll have you know that that I died from lightning strikes. Plural. How about you try getting struck by lightning over and over again?" he glared at you. You merely rolled your eyes in response.

"Look, I'm clearly not going through this “epiphany” dad told you or whatever." you would've raised your fingers to do quotation marks but you felt extremely numb. "So you either help me or leave me alone. I don't need my brother watch me die."

"Geez, you were way nicer to me as a kid." he looked at you.

"Well, I'm not a kid anymore. I'm I?" you looked at him with eyes that clearly said hurry-up-and-leave.

"You still very much are."

"Please shut up and help me or leave." you told him know more. Your voice getting impatient. If your brother was just gonna stand there and do nothing then it'd be better for him to leave. You'd see him in a few anyway.

He removed his foot and knelt in front of you. "If there's anything I learned from out ancestors. It's this." he pressed a finger on your forehead.

"Hey. What do you think you–" memories flooding back to you.

¤¤¤