✨Thirty-Second Dream✨

"Excuse me, what?" Muichirou asked, his eyes widening as a blush crept onto his cheeks when he heard what you said. He just couldn't believe his ears. "Could you repeat that?"

You were currently outside of Muichirou's house, in the middle of night to ask for one thing. Something that left you both blushing yet quite undetectable because of the night.

"I want a hug." you repeated, thinking of how much of a bad idea this was as time passed by. "Of course you can always refuse, I'm not trying to force you or anything." you added, taking a step back as you prepared to head back to your place.

His eyes widened, hastily reaching out to you before you could leave, pulling you into an embrace, one hand was placed comfortingly on your back as the other was on the back of your head, pulling you closer to him as he savored the moment. The fact that you were aware when you asked for this made him happy. "I was just surprised at your sudden request. That's all." thoughts went through his head, just what exactly did this mean? He could only wonder.

You stiffened (even though you requested it) before relaxing, returning the hug, your arms around his bag gripping onto the material of his uniform, your head buried in the crook of his neck. "Warm......" leaning further into his embrace, closing your eyes as you savored the warm embrace.

"What brings you here (Y/n)?" he asked, his breath tickled your ear from how close he was to you, the pink hue on his cheeks slowly getting redder.

"I wanted to see you......" you whispered out, not daring to mention this was Kyojurou's suggestion since you felt like it could ruin the mood. "I missed you." you added, it wasn't a lie since you missed after not seeing him for a few days. "You've been busy lately so I've seen you less."

He kept silent, trying to interpret your words, your behavior was odd, the blunt and cold you he was accustomed to became the person in front him, he found it odd but didn't say anything since it was the type of odd he liked.

"I missed you too." he answered honestly, these past few days have been stressing for him since the number of demon activity had more or less skyrocketed as of recent. "As much as I want to stay like this, it's late at night."

"I know." you nodded, knowing full well what time it was and what could happen.

"Then you should go home." as much as he wanted you to stay, sleep was important to help fight demons.

"Okay," you reluctantly pulled away, he turned around to head back inside but you stopped him, taking hold of his hand as he looked back at you, he couldn't see it properly but he knew there was a blush. "Can you walk me home?"

"......" he looked at you, surprised that you asked that (after you rejected his offer last time) before the corners of his mouth curved upwards, smiling warmly at you. "Sure."

He didn't know what this meant but he was at least sure you felt something for him. The thought of that made him happy as it meant he was one step closer. You two walked under the starry night sky, intertwining your hands together as you walked.

"How have you been lately?" he asked, making a conversation as you two continued to walk, the night breeze was refreshing.

"I–" you paused before you could continue. You couldn't quite tell him that you knew him when you were younger and that he actually had a twin whose condition still remains unknown to you. That was just crazy talk since you bad no proof. "I want to fight the old man." you blurted out which wasn't a response to his question since that was the only thing you could think to say at the moment.

He chuckled (knowing full well Tengen was the old man you were referring to), moving closer as he used his free hand to give you a head pat. "You shouldn't fight with him. He's still older." he didn't care that you didn't respond to his question, he liked talking with you, to hear your soothing voice that never failed to calm him down.