✨Sixteenth Dream✨

After 15 chapters it's finally time to follow the timeline! \(○^ω^○)/

(Y/m/n) = Your mispronounced name.

+++

"You sure this is the right path?" you asked your crow who was flying overhead.

"Positive!" he answered back.

Since you finished your mission early, without breaking your ribs or a single bone for that matter, you decided to go and help out your fellow demon hunters whose mission location was located near yours because why not.

"Do you know why Zenitsu won't pull his sword out? Because it's taboo for demon hunters to bring out their swords and bully each other!" a distant voice rang out as the name Zenitsu sparked your interest, you were sure you heard his name before. "And you're enjoying yourself while others are in pain? You truly are despicable!"

"GEHAHAHA! So that's how it is. I'm sorry. Then let's duel with our bare hands!"

You could only guess someone broke the taboo from the flow of the conversation. You tried to remember what Shinobu told you to do in case someone broke the demon hunter taboo.

"Don't hold back and give them a good punch!"

Her words rang in your head and you had decided to do just that.

"Wait! I don't think you understand at all! Team members who are demon hunters aren't allowed to fight each other! This isn't something you can solve with bare hands!"

"Remember, if even one of them is going all out in the fight then don't be afraid to give them a super punch! Make the pain drilled into their memory!"

You arrived at the scene to see a demon hunter fight a another demon hunter but he had......... A boar head? He was really odd in your opinion.

"Both of you, stop fighting. You're going against the code of conduct for demon hunters." both of them stopped as they noticed you. You also noticed that there was another demon hunter protecting three kids.

"Who are you?" he snorted, walking over to you and picking you up like it was nothing. "How old even are you?"

"I'm 14." you answered as he howled with laughter.

"You're just a kid to me! A 15 year old! Little kids like you should just leave, I bet you can't even hunt a single demon!" he belittled you as you felt rage bubbling up.

How dare he look down on you?

If Muichirou was here then he'd give Inosuke a good punch to the face for belittling Pillars and for insulting you.

You could only guess these three were part of the new recruits that passed the final selection. They didn't seem to show a hint of recognition upon seeing you, you weren't easy to forget after all. Sleeping anywhere and everywhere.

"Don't look down on me." you said, spin kicking his head. "We're only one year apart."

The other demon hunters and the kids had wide eyes. You landed on the ground as you dusted the invisible dust off your hands. It wasn't a punch like Shinobu advised but it should suffice.

"HAHA! Finally a worthy opponent!" you all turned your heads back to the one you just spin kicked as you watched him helo himself up. "Do that spin kick again!" he demanded.

"No." you could tell he was already nearing his limit.

"I said do it! My name is Hashibira Inosuke! Remember that when I finally beat you!"