✨Thirty-Ninth Dream✨

"(Y/n)-chan!" you leaned forward, feeling pressure from your back as your ever-so-energetic friend wrapped her arms around you.

"Mitsuri nee-san. You're here." you greeted the girl. You knew she was coming to the swordsmith village (she did mention something about getting a new sword recently) but you didn't expect she'd wake up so soon and catch up to you.

"You're so mean!! Why'd you make everyone fall asleep?! It was just Shinazugawa-san who started it! Why did the rest of us fall sleep?!" she whined, knowing that it all started when they mentioned Muichirou.

"Not all of you." you usually stated, prying her strong grip off of you. "Giyuu nii-san was still awake."

"Ah!" Mitsuri gasped, clasping Her hands together at the revelation she arrived at. "So that's why Shinazugawa-san ended up being tied to a tree!"

"A tree?" you raised a brow, walking towards the place where Hanzuki should be. "Of all the places, why a tree? There were other places."

"Nope, you can't just go to Hanzuki-san's house and immediately leave like you used to! Today, you're gonna enjoy yourself." Mitsuri firmly stated, stopping you in your tracks as she easily lifted you up in her arms.

"I'll relax later. At home. After I'm done telling Hanzuki to stop making excuses and start making me a new sword." you thrashed around, trying to get free from Mitsuri's grasp. It was impossible. She was just too strong and your small figure fit snugly in her arms so it was basically impossible.

"Come on, I heard there was a good spring here, I haven't been to one in a while so let's go enjoy it together!" Mitsuri smiled. She started walking towards the path to the spring without even asking your opinion.

"I don't want to go to." you grumbled, crossing your arms over your chest as you pouted.

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to get into an earth pot full of boiling hot water." you've been to hot springs before but you've never been able to see the appeal, there was no real reason to it but you just didn't understand why people enjoyed it.

"Well it's always fun with friends!" she cheered. Walking faster, ignoring you. Mitsuri surprised you at how fast she walked up the steps, humming to herself. She didn't seem tired in the slightest.

"Do you not get tired walking up the steps?" you asked. She gently set you down, grabbing your hand (to make sure you don't suddenly escape) as she led you inside.

"Nope! Why would it?" she cheerfully asked,letting do of your hand as she entered the bath, removing her clothes and putting it aside.

"You know, without you stopping me I could easily just run." you stated, looking down at the water surrounded by steam. Reminded of a certain person.

"Don't be like that (Y/n)-chan!" Mitsuri frowned, not wanting to see you leave when you haven't even soaked in the hot spring yet. "It feels amazing and I promise it isn't that hot!"

You sighed, putting your clothes aside and getting in, sitting on the opposite side of Mitsuri.

"See? It isn't that bad, now is it?" she grinned, watching as you scowled at her, knowing she was right.

"I guess it isn't that bad." you admitted, making a tiny water splash when you lightly smacked the water. "Let's go again sometime, with Shinobu nee-san, Kanao, Aoi, and the little girls."

"Yes!" Mitsuri cheered, raising a fist up. "I plan on collecting it one of these days and when you least expect it, so you better promise! It's too late to back out now!"