✨Twenty-First Dream✨

"How pathetic."

You looked at the demon (if that wimpy being can even be called a demon) as you stabbed the side of his neck while firmly planting your foot on its chest.

You were about to head home after doing your rounds around the district that was assigned to you when you encountered a demon. You thought it would put up a good fight but it didn't and even if it tried to retaliate now it wouldn't work since you sliced both his arms and legs clean, his regeneration seemed slow.

"You killed 11 villagers and 1 one demon hunter yet you're this weak? How pathetic indeed." you glared, finishing the job.

You were done for the night, you'd like to go home but you felt rather sleepy. Sitting down against a tree, you told yourself it would be a quick nap before you would head home.

......Sleep......

"Hey! How have you been?" the little girl smiled, the twin of the boy merely clicked his tongue as the annoyingly enthusiastic presence of the girl.

"You're annoying. Go away and play with that idiotic brother of mine." he told her as he went back to cutting a tree.

"But he's busy with the sur-" her eyes widening as she remembered something. "-Surprising amount of work you gave him!" she quickly finished.

"I didn't know chopping a few vegetables was hard for him." his eyes narrowed at the girl, he was sure there was something going on that he didn't know.

"W-well, he's still getting used to things. So you can't exaclty blame him." the girl internally cursed for stuttering, she knew she was a bad liar but she didn't expect it to be to this extent.

"He's always helped preparing meals when my mother was alive, so I don't know what you're talking about." he said, paying her no mind. "But I'll just pretend I don't know what's going on so he would be happy."

The girl let out a sigh of relief. "Really? That's great." she then looked to the boy with a grin. "He always says you're down to earth and really mean but you're surprisingly caring." she laughed, his cheeks turning slight pink from being called out.

"You have no right to say that, you care about my brother too right?" he said, the girl's cheeks turning red. "I mean, you care about him to the point where you confessed, though that ended in a flop." he grinned smugly.

"S-shut up! You have no right to criticize me, I would have gotten an answer if you didn't look like him so much!" the girl protested, the boy taking a step back as the same argument was about to ensue.

"My fault!? You're the idiot who thought I was my brother!"

"Stop calling me an idiot!"

"I'll stop calling you an idiot when you stop acting like one!"

"Can you just stop looking so alike?! It's too confusing!"

"What do you want me to do about it then?! I was born with this face!"

"That's exactly the problem!"

"I leave the both of you alone for five minutes and this happens." the both turned at the sound of the other voice who let out a sigh. "Why can't you two get along?"