✨Forty-First Dream✨

"Muichirou," you called out for the fifth time already. "Please get up. I need to go see Hanzuki-san."

Your current situation was a bit of a dilemma. After your little response to his confession, he would constantly cling onto to you and demand cuddles then the two of you'd talk about anything at night (with him being on your lap for a change) until you two would fall asleep like that even though he said he'd go after that.

"Don't wanna." he grumbled, going back to sleep.

"I beg of you Tokito-sama. (Y/n)-sama needs to go to the workshop." the female Kakushi begged, having stood there for the past 15 minutes now.

"Why should I care about her swordsmith? What does that have to do with me?" Muichirou asked coldly, opening his eyes and giving the Kakushi a cold glare which made her flinch.

"Muichirou please," you frowned, you did want to stay with him but it would be better to see Hanzuki to get both your sword and uncollected snacks. "I'll make this up to you later."

He sighed, a frown forming on his face. He didn't like but sat up anyway. "You better keep your promise."

You got up and dusted yourself off. "I will," you held out a hand to Muichirou and helped him up. "I always keep my promises."

"I know."

"So you do." you quickly planted a short kiss on his forehead and headed out before he could say anything, leaving him alone still flustered.

"(Y/n)-sama! You're here!" the female Kakushi let out a sigh of relief (having waited outside after Muichirou agreed to let you go), not totally sure that he would've actually done it.

"Shall we go?" you asked. She nodded and led you to where Hanzuki was, you jumped slightly upon seeing two Hanzuki's. One was resting against the wall while the other one was too focused in refining a blade while mumbling a lot of things.

"I heard you called him by his first name?" Hanzuki grinned, pointing to Hotaro as he walked towards you, giving you a pat on the head. "Good job."

"Should you be talking in front of him?" you asked, wondering if Hotaro would jump on you once more.

"He can't hear anything right now. He's too focused on his refining the sword that Tanjiro kid found." Hanzuki sighed, walking to the side of the room where your sword was.

"I'll take my leave then." the female Kakushi did a quick bow before she took her leave.

"Hey." you called out blankly, holding out your arms. "Where's my snacks?"

Hanzuki glared at you before he growled, tossing you a few packs of your favourite snacks. "You really are an annoying client. Do me a favor and find another swordsmith."

"Nah, you're good enough for me. I get free snacks." you set down all but one pack of your favourite snack and began to snack on that. "Plus, it's such a hassle to find a new swordsmith on such a short notice that I'd rather not."

"You're truly hopeless (Y/n). All my expectations of you have gone down the drain."

"So?" you raised a brow, looking another one into your mouth. "What does your expectation or opinion have anything to do with me?"

"You–you truly are a hopeless kid." he sighed, walking over to you as he handed you your blade. "Just take this and get out of my sight, would ya?"

You too the sword, the color seeping in as you looked out the window. "But it's dark and dangerous."

"So what if it's dark. You'll be escorted by a Kakushi anyway. And don't talk to me about dangerous," he scoffed at the idea of it being dangerous for you. "You're a demon hunter Pillar, aren't you? You'll be fine."