💠Special #4💠

Requested by d0rkyl1z

Drabble: "Can you see the colors?"

In which (Y/n) lives in a colorless world.

+++

"Mitsuri-chan, why exactly are you inviting me to a party of someone I don't know?" you asked, raising a brow as you watched her lay outfits for you on your bed.

"You rarely go out (Y/n)-chan! Being indoors too often isn't good for you and you might enjoy it," she smiled and at that, you gave her a blank looked that asked if she was serious.

"Look, I'm not that lucky to have met my soulmate when I was a kid," you rolled your eyes. "Giyuu nii-san and Hiro nii-san's always going on about spiked drinks and whatnot. I'll be at a disadvantage if I go don't you think? I also don't think black and white suits a party."

"It's not that kind of party!" she said quickly, as her own way to appease your worries (which you had none). "It's just a gathering between me and my group of friends and I wanted to invite you!"

"Then can I refuse?" you smiled at her, slightly tilting your head.

"Pleaseee!!" she begged you and you sighed, placing a hand on your forehead.

"Although I'm sure Hiro nii-san won't mind, wouldn't my parents refuse me going when everything is still black and white?" you raised a brow, lying through your teeth.

I mean, why would your parents care when you're 18? You just didn't feel like going through the effort to dress up.

"Ah, I've already asked you parents and they said its up to you!" she smiled as you anime sweatdropped, an awkward smile on your face.

She got you. So there was only one answer to go,

"No."

•••

"For the record here, I still don't think it's a good idea for me to be here," you sighed. Despite your firm rejection earlier, you still somehow ended up going to this party.

"Ah, we're a bit late but it should be fine!" she smiled. She then grabbed your arm and practically dragged you in as you sarcastically marvelled at every black and white piece in the place while Mitsuri was describing how nice the people were.

"Ah, Kanroji. It's good to see you made it." You looked to the voice. A tall (almost twice your height) man with striking white hair walked over to you two and greeted Mitsuri with a smile before he turned to you. "Oh? Who's this cutie?"

You didn't say anything, you just looked and him and felt that you wouldn't like to know him anymore than you needed to. "(L/n) (Y/n)," you introduced. It was upon seeing his face that you felt like you've seen him somewhere.

"(L/n) huh? Nice to meet you." He held out his hand towards you. "I'm—"

"—Uzui Tengen, right?" that's right, you now remembered where you saw him. "You're the guy with three soulmates, right?"

That's right. You've read an article about him before. There was a lot of rumors circulating around him when he destroyed Kotōge university's art room with dynamites and those rumors only seemed to have skyrocketed when he had three soulmates. Two was rare enough but three was something like a legendary feat.

"It's only expected that someone as flamboyant as me is well-known," he boasted, puffing his chest proudly as you furrowed your eyebrows at him.

He was definitely someone that would be annoying if you got to know him.

You looked around the place, looking for a familiar face that wasn't Mitsuri (because you could see she was busy talking to someone you assumed is her soulmate). Your eyes lit up when you made eye contact with Giyuu. You didn't expect him to know this seemingly self-absorbed guy.

"Giyuu nii-san!" ignoring Tengen, you made your way to Giyuu who passed you a drink.

"I didn't expect you to be here (Y/n)," he said, following your gaze down to the cup. "Ah, that's (Favorite drink)."

"Oh." You took a sip, it really was (F/d). "Thanks, I didn't expect you to know that weird guy."

"He's an acquaintance," he replied quietly, taking a sip of his drink.

"I see," you wondered whether he befriended Tengen or Tengen just looked at Giyuu and decided to adopt him.

•••

You managed to excuse yourself from that stuffy party and escaped to the balcony, leaning against the railings as you stared at the colorless sky.

Your parents always described it as something beautifully breathtaking but until you find your soulmate, black and white are the only colors you can see.

"Can you see the colors?" a voice beside you asked. You gave him a quick glance and remembered Mitsuri saying something along the lines that you two were the same age and he was a bit of an airhead.

"No," you replied. You wouldn't be talking to him under normal circumstances but it was just as if he there was something that made him easy to talk to. "What about you?"

"I wish," he sighed. "I've been told it's quite pretty."

"I sure hope so," if your parents were lying then you'd probably lose it. They built up a lot of expectation on you. "Do you like staring at the sky?"

"I prefer cloud gazing in the morning," he answered, tapping his finger against the railing in fixed intervals. "I can't see the colors but I can still make out the shapes. That's good enough for me."

"Cloud gazing sounds nice," now there was something to add to your to do list.

"It is," he agreed. "Do you want to go cloud gazing with me sometimes?"

"Why would you ask?" You raised a brow.

"I felt like it," he shrugged.

"I don't even know you."

"Tokito Muichirou," he introduced. "What's yours?"

There was a long pause before you heaved a sigh. He really was an odd one, "(L/n) (Y/n)."

"Well then (Y/n), do you want to go cloud gazing with me sometimes?" he asked once more.

First name basis already? you asked yourself but chose to forget it. You two were around the same age, it would be weird for you to call him by his last name when he was calling you by your first name. "Sure, let's go cloud gazing sometime soon, Muichirou."

You weren't sure what made you agree but you just did.

"Let's exchange numbers so we can decide a date soon," he suggested as you nodded.

You fished your phone out of your pocket and turned to him.

When you both looked up and let each others gaze, color suddenly filled your world. The once dull and monochrome world you've lived in for 18 years flooded with the colors of life.

"Ah," he was rather speechless. He just stared at you with wide eyes and you did the same.

There was a lingering silence between you two before you looked down, heaving another long sigh. The corners of your lips curving upwards into a smile. You were going to thank Mitsuri for this later. You faced him once more, holding out a hand towards him with a smile on your face.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Mr. Soulmate."