✨Fortieth Dream✨

"Muich–" you quickly turned around. "–iro." the smile on your face quickly replaced by a scowl. "What are you doing here?" you sneered, turning your disappointment into resentment towards this person.

"Woah, what's wrong with the Ice Princess now? I thought you were becoming human." he shrugged, letting out a sigh. "Is seeing me really that bad?"

"You're not the one I want to see."

"Just because I'm not that person, doesn't mean you can just get mad at me. I haven't down anything." he whined, walking closer to you.

"Whose fault I'm here Hanzuki-san?" you continued to glare at him. "Becuase you used your brother as an excuse, I'm forced to come here."

"Is it really that bad? I think this village is pretty nice, excluding the bells." Hanzuki said, tossing you a pouch. "Here's a token of apology."

You looked down on the pouch, opening it as you say your favourite snacks. You looked back up to see Hanzuki while popping a piece into your mouth. "Apology accepted."

"You're such a kid (Y/n)." Hanzuki laughed. "It's so easy to appease you."

"You better give me more of these tomorrow." if he was saying you were so easy to please then you might as well make it harder for him. "Or else I won't forgive you."

"Hey! You're scamming me!" he complained, you just stuck your tongue out at him.

"You're the one who called me easy to appease." you said, popping another snack. "If I'm so easy to appease like you said then I'll make harder for you. How's my blade coming along?"

"I've started on it recently." he informed, turning his back on you. "It should be done in three to four days? So you can just wait here until then I suppose."

"Can I kill you?" you asked. You sent that letter a few days ago so you thought you'd be staying here a day or two at most.

"With what? You don't have a blade." he mocked, "I have a two knives in me right now."

"Why did you only start on it now?" you could've easily beat him but you were far too lazy to do that.

"The bells were driving me crazy." he groaned, remembering the events these last few days. "That brother of mine got more moody while he was doing training and he wouldn't let anyone near him so the only options were the bells and man, I'm gonna go crazy if I hear another one in the near future."

"Just make sure to finish my blade before you go crazy." you added. He turned to face you and glared at you through the mask, rolling his eyes. "And also, give me more of these tomorrow."

"You're such an annoying client (Y/n)."

"But you'll put up with me anyway, won't you?" you raised a brow. A smug smirk on your face, knowing the answer. "Having me as a client is better than the other demon hunters, isn't it?"

He continued to glare at you under that mask before he sighed, turning his back on you. "Whatever, I'm leaving. See you in a few days."

"I hope you give me my food." you told him as he paused, sparing yiu a glance before turning back.

"No." he said sweetly. You would've chased him down but you didn't feel like it. That was too much of a hassle and you just wanted to sleep.

•••

By the time you woke up, it seems that Mitsuri already headed home. You frowned, you wanted to go to the spring with her today again but there wasn't much you could do now that he was asleep.