✨Forty-Sixth Dream✨

"You look better than the last time we met," Muichirou remarked as you two continued on your little stroll through the forest.

"Maybe because Tanjiro and his buds left, there aren't any challenges left." You raised your arms, stretching as you let out a yawn.

Despite being laid back now that Tanjiro was gone, you couldn't seem to get a good night's sleep last night. There was just something about today that left you feeling restless. Even your incense sticks didn't seem to be effective and you even tried them on the demon hunters just to make sure they weren't defective.

They were.

It was only because of that, that you and Muichirou were to talk your walk.

"You don't look alright look alright," Muichirou voiced out his concern, worry evident in his voice. "If you're aren't feeling well then let's visit Shinobu."

"How about let's not that do that?" you rejected his idea. If it was Shinobu, she'd probably keep you in the infirmary for the whole day. "I rarely get to see you because of the training."

"Fine," he sighed. When it came to you, he was helpless. He moved forward and held your hand in his and gave it a light squeeze. "But if you collapse then I'm taking you to see Kocho-san, got it?"

You turned two him, giving him a smile. "Got it!"

Now you just had to make it through your time with Muichirou without passing out from exhaustion of else it's a trip to big sister's house of medical horrors.

"That's right, when this is all over, can you tell me the name of your parents?" Muichirou suddenly brought up, earning a raised brow from you.

"I don't mind but what for?" you understood why he didn't know your parents names. After the sword incident, you never bothered bringing up your family in front of him since he would get scared. "You can't fight in the afterlife."

"I know," he hummed. "I'm just going to ask for their blessing, and I've never formally introduced myself to your family."

"Blessing......" you repeated that word before you flushed red, realizing what he meant. "Hey! You only have one shot of going there and that's what you're gonna do? Besides, we aren't even engaged!"

"Paying my respects to future family is not a waste." He stopped, facing you with a smile as he brought your left hand closer to his lips. "And though informally, I've already proposed to you." He kissed your backhand as you flushed redder. "This ring is proof of it, isn't it?"

"Hey! We're just 14!" you argued.

("Age is just a number." Muichirou smiled.

"And Prison is just a place." you replied, veins popping out of your face as you gave him a forced smile).

"Don't worry, I plan to properly propose to you when we're older," he told. "So just think of this as a promise ring and bear with it for now."

"It's not like I can remove it even if I tried," you grumbled. You focused your gaze away from him, your cheeks bright red for his eyes to see.

"And I really hope it stays that way," he gave you a cute boyish grin and your heart skipped a beat.

You sighed, you never thought you'd do this so early. "Geez, don't blame me for this." You placed your hands on the sides of his face, pulling him closer as you gave him a quick kiss on the corner of his lips.

He stared at you with wide eyes, slowly looking towards the ground, his face growing redder.

"Not so fun when you're the embarrassed, now is it?" you grinned despite your red face, a triumphant grin it was. No matter how many times you saw it, you'd never get tired of seeing Muichirou get all flustered.