🔺Alternate 49th Chapter🔻

Let me just say that this chapter, along with the special chapters, have no connection to the main story.

There were a bunch of people who were sad from the 49th chapter and I only have one thing to say:

That was a success ≧∇≦.

Requested by muichirosbitch and probably everyone else who didn't want him dead.

Drabble: "You're okay."

In which I write an alternate ending for those who said "This does not spark joy." when Muichirou died.

+++

"We actually did it," you said, breathing out a sigh of relief. You watched as the Kakushi tended to Tanjiro, making sure he was alright after turning back into a human.

"It's a rewarding feeling." Muichirou smiled as he pulled you closer to him, his eyelids growing heavier. "I think I'm going to sleep for a bit."

"Just don't cross over to the other said," you said. You weren't about to object to him passing out since you were about to do the same.

The last thing you remembered before blacking out was seeing that Muichirou passed out beside you, so you let the Kakushi take care of the rest as you closed your eyes, smiling to yourself.

•••

"When do you think she's gonna wake up?"

"Calm down Inosuke, it's only been a few days."

"But I'm already awake aren't I?!"

"Not everyone's body is as crazy as yours. Besides, she had more injuries than you."

You found yourself soon awoken by a bunch of voices beside your bed–no, it would be more accurate to say around your bed.

You stirred a bit, earning a few gasps here and there and you could hear Inosuke yelling about something but he was either cut off or he shut up on his own. You didn't know and you really didn't care, as long as it was quiet then it was good enough for you.

"What time is it?" you asked, sitting up with your mind still in a bit of a disarray.

You looked towards your arms and saw that there were bandages on it, you could also feel bandages all over your body. Well, you were badly beat up so this was understandable.

"You're awake!" Inosuke yelled, being the one who broke the silence before Aoi harshly hit him on the back, glaring daggers at him.

"She just woke up you idiot! Be a little quieter," Aoi snapped, lecturing the poor boy as you looked around. It was still pretty sunny outside.

Aside from Inosuke, the first one to greet you upon waking up is Kanao. She didn't say anything, instead, she pulled you into a hug while being careful not to hurt you. There were no words between you two but her action alone spoke volumes for you.

"You should give her some space Kanao, she just woke up," Aoi advised. Kanao nodded and pulled away.

"(Y/n)-san," Aoi spoke. You hummed in response as you turned to look at her, her gaze was on the other side of the room and her cheeks were red. "Kanao said you wanted us to live with you and her? I-is that really true?"

You chuckled. You managed to raise your hand and rest it on Aoi's head. "Of course, only if you agree that is."

"W-well, I'm just gonna go and ask Kiyo and the others if they wanna live with us." She turned around and walked out. Her face was slightly red but there was a big smile.

"By the way, how are the others?" you asked, sitting on the side of the bed, your feet touching the ground.

"Everyone is fine, though I heard they say the Mist dude would never wake up." Your eyes widened, hearing that, looking at Inosuke as Kanao hit him on the back of his head.

"Stop lying!"

Inosuke let out a cry, cradling the back of his head as he looked at Kanao. "Eh?! She lied about her friends dying, why can't I do the same?!"

(He's referring to the time (Y/n) said Tengen and Kyojurou won't ever recover).

"Just stop it you idiot!" Zenitsu whispered under his breath, loud enough for only Inosuke to hear. "I don't want to fall asleep here!"

"By the way Kanao, which room is Muichirou staying at?" you asked her, choosing to ignore Inosuke's comment.

"His room is the first one on the right when you get out."

You nodded, getting up. Thankfully it didn't hurt that much to walk. Walking out, you turned to your right, entering the room to see Muichirou blankly staring out the window. The corner of your eyes couldn't help but tear up as you ran towards him. You were extremely glad he was fine, considering how beat up he was.

His head turned towards the noise, his eyes widened as you pulled him into a hug, your head resting on his shoulder as you wrapped your arms around him.

"You're okay," you breathed out. "You're really okay, I thought you died."

Muichirou recovered from his initial shock, a gentle smile forming on his face as he wrapped his arms around you, burying his head on your shoulder.

"I still have a promise to keep to you (Y/n)." He pulled away, smiling at you before planting a soft kiss on your forehead. "And that is to marry you soon."

"You better keep that promise." You laughed, pressing your forehead against his. "I love you."

He chuckled, pulling your face closer to his, saying, "I love you too."