✨Twenty-Fifth Dream✨

"Sorry?" he repeated, his eyes widening. "What are you saying sorry for?"

"The cloud hairpin," you started. "I lost it after the demon attack. I'm sorry." you apologized.

He inwardly let out a sigh of relief, he thought that you'd somehow found out the conversation between him and Tengen and is now rejecting him. He was about to reach in his uniform and pull the hairpin out when one of Tengen's sentences popped into his head.

"Don't immediately reveal your cards."

But the question was if he was actually gonna do it. There was a good chance you might hate him for the thing he was about to do.

"Is that so?" he said. "Well, I can always give you a new one."

Yeah, he's going to hell for thi-

"No." you shook your head. "I like that one and that alone. I don't want another." you told him firmly.

"But why?" he asked. "There are a lot more hairpins out there and they'll probably be prettier than the one I gave you."

"I like that one becuase it was the first thing you gave me." you frowned, even if he did give you a new one you'd still prefer the old one.

He looked down, frowning as he let out a sigh. "This is bad for my heart." looking to at you, he placed a hand on the side of your face. "I should be the one apologizing, not you."

You tilted your head slightly in confusion. "But why?"

Your question was answered when he pulled out the familiar hairpin and put in where it should be. "I hid the fact that it was with me all along, sorry."

You huffed, smacking both his hands away. "I hate these kinds of jokes, you're so mean."

Muichirou sighed. "I probably shouldn't listen to Uzui-san's advice ever again." he thought before entering one of the guest rooms, bringing out a big blanket with him since he knew you were too mad to go in and would probably sleep outside.

"Sorry, I won't do it again." he apologized, wrapping the blanket around the two of you as you kept a distance from him (because you didn't like his joke).

"You better not do it again. I'll punch you next time." though you two were similar in strength, it didn't mean your punched didn't hurt.

"Alright, that's fair." he shrugged. "I deserved it, I probably shouldn't listen to Uzui-san's advice next time."

"Yeah, you shouldn't." you agreed with him. "But I'm just grateful that you returned it."

"Grateful, huh? Is that so?" he averted his gaze away from you (because he was slowly blushing red the longer he stared at you), looking towards the beautiful starry night. "Do you have someone you like (Y/n)?" he said before quickly adding, "In the romantic sense."

"...... Why?" you turn to stare at him, giving him a suspicious look.

He froze nervously, he couldn't just say he wanted to find out because he was jealous, no that would be too embarrassing. "Just curious." is what he went with. "Why? What's so wrong with it?"

"You sound like Mitsuri-chan, it's weird." you sighed, you haven't seen him as often but his behavior sure has gotten a lot weirder. "Don't tell me you've been hanging around her lately? Obanai-kun will be sad."

"Iguro-san? What does he have to do with any of this?"

"Nothing, don't worry about it." you shook your head, you should've expected him to answer like this. "As for your question on who I like," you hummed, giving it a thought. "Though not in the romantic sense, I like you the best." you replied. "In a friendly way I guess."