✨Forty-Forth Dream✨

"Have you guys always been this weak?" you asked casually, either blocking or dodging the attacks of the demon hunters.

Right now, you were “training” the demon hunters. It was more of them constantly getting beaten than training in all honesty. Your training was about reflexes. They had to land a hit on you and they're free to go ahead but they also had to block your attacks while doing so.

You all had wooden swords so no one was dying. Though there was a pile of unconscious demon hunters in the corner.

"Isn't it unfair that (L/n)-san?! Give us a handicap!" one of them begged, narrowly blocking one of your attacks.

"Handicap? What are you talking about?" you asked, raising a brow. "I've already stopped using my haze, what more of a handicap do you want?"

Originally, there were certain places where your haze would pop up but most–if not all, ended up falling asleep so that idea was scratched.

"(Y/n)-san!" you turned your head to the energetic voice while blocking all their attacks.

"Oh, Tanjiro." you smiled, casually making a demon hunter fly against the wall. "If you're here then does that mean you're done with Muichirou's training?" you asked since yours was after his.

"Yup! He gave me the clear to go after five days!" you let out an “Oh”, this was certainly fast. The others took weeks or more. Then again Zenitsu and Inosuke took a week at most to land a hit on you.

"Well, that's fast." you said before turning to the demon hunters around you. "You guys might want to step back, you wouldn't want to repeat what happened when Inosuke was here, do you?" at that, they immediately moved away, fear for their lives.

"So Tanjiro," you began, throwing one of the wooden practice swords at him, to which he caught nicely. "Shall we start now? Your friends should either be at 'Nemi nii-san's training place or Gyoumei nii-san's training place."

"'Nemi nii-san?" Tanjiro wondered, who that person could be but decided to ignore it. "Oh really? Then I'll do my best to catch up!"

An intense training began, the wind pressure was even felt by the demon hunters in the surrounding, thankful that they moved away.

"Oh yeah, Uzui-san mentioned something about having lunch together with the other Pillars." while still in training, Tanjiro decided to start up a conversation since he could hold his ground pretty well.

"Oh? You're going to join them?" yiu asked, he managed to shake his head while still blocking your attacks.

"No, he just told me to tell you since he forgot to. He said it would just be between you Pillars and his wives." he replied, taking a step back to avoid your blow.

"Oh! It's been some time since I talked to Hinatsuru!" you smiled, noticing it was almost lunch time. "I guess I should finish this up, right?"

He smiled, a confused look playing on his face. "Huh?" his vision went up the sky as his body fell to the floor, the wooden sword flying out of his hand.

"That was a fun warm-up Tanjiro!" you smiled, looming over him as you held out your hand for him to take. "Rest up, I'll see you a bit after lunch."

Once he snapped out of his daze of losing, he let out a gasp of admiration. "Woah! That was fun!" he smiled, taking your hand and propping himself up. "I really hope I land a hit on you (Y/n)-san!"

"I look forward to it Tanjiro." you said, moving, turning the other way after letting go of him hand. "Now if you excuse me, I need to go to my little lunch together with the others."