Bad Day

In this I'm saying the reader has the power to control water like a water bender 😂

The reader has a bad day training and Natasha helps her unwind with a shower.

Reader POV
It had been a long day at the compound and you were not only exhausted but also pissed because you just couldn't seem to control yourself today. No matter how hard you focused you couldn't make the water around you listen to what you wanted.

You had been training with Captain America himself all day. He said that it was ok to be distracted sometimes and that you could try again tomorrow. But you were still upset. What if this happened in battle? You knew your powers were heavily tied to your emotions and too much stress or anxiety could hinder your ability to use them.

You had figured joining the Avengers would be fine, but it's seems maybe it was too much pressure for you to handle. You sighed as you finally reached your and Natasha's room.

Ever since your first day the Black Widow had taken a liking to you. And before long you too ended up together and now you were inseparable. You were glad that at least you could confide in Nat about your bad day. She always knew what to do.

You didn't even bother to knock before opening the door and walking into your room. You looked up only to see Natasha changing out of her uniform.

"Shit!" You gasped as you looked down and Natasha yelped. "Oh my god don't sneak up on me like that!" She chuckled as she pulled the uniform the rest of the way off leaving her only in her bra and underwear.

You blushed as you looked up. "Hey." You said as you laid your stuff down and went to sit on the bed. Natasha frowned and walked over to you as she sat next to you putting one arm around you. "Hey." She said softly.

You blushed as you looked over at her perfect body before looking away and gulping. "What it's not like you haven't seen me naked before. I was about to shower if you want to join me?" She asked expectedly but you sighed and shook your head before placing it in your hands.

"I'm not in the mood Nat." You whispered and she clicked her tongue. She leaned on you more and came closer to your ear. "Bad day?" She whispered back and you nodded.

"Why don't you come take a hot shower with me. It'll help." She said as she took your hand. You sighed as you let yourself be led to the bathroom you two shared. Nat took off her remaining clothes and you groaned as you rigidly took off yours. You hadn't even realized how sore you were until now.

"Easy now." Nat said softly as she took your hand and helped you into the hot water. The look of concern on her face made your heart weak.

You sighed as the water rolled over your tight muscles. You turned your head into the water and let it run all over you and through your sweaty hair. You flinched as you felt Natashas fingers on you, slowly putting shampoo into your hair and massaging it in.

You hummed as her fingers delicately worked through you hair and scratched at your scalp before they rinsed the soap out of your hair. She did the same with conditioner, completely silent as she washed your hair and pulled it away from your face.

Your back was to her. She moved her hands from your hair down to your shoulders before she rubbed them gently and slowly traced the small bruises forming there from the training. She frowned before continuing to move her hands lower until they rested on your hips.

She slid them around to your front and wrapped them around your stomach. Your body stiffened as you felt her warm and soft chest press close against your back.

She moved to rest her chin on your shoulder and sighed as you rested your hands on hers.

"What's wrong baby?" She asked as the water ran over both of you. You shut your eyes and frowned trying to find the right words.

But you didn't know where to start. "I don't know." You lied and Natasha sighed. "Well what happened today?" She asked softly, her thumbs rubbing circles on your tight stomach.

"I was supposed to train with Steve and work on strengthening my powers but I just couldn't control them. I was distracted." You mumbled and she nodded.

"What was distracting you?" She asked. You knew by the tone in her voice that she was hoping it was her. But you told her the truth anyway.

"I've just been so stressed and anxious lately and I can't use my powers and I can't focus on anything because I feel so much pressure to keep everyone safe. It's too much Nat, I don't have what it takes. I wasn't ready." You broke down as her arms tightened around you.

A few tears even left your eyes and slid hotly off your cheeks. She shushed you as you shook against her.

"That's not true at all. No one is ever ready and no one can possibly save everyone ok? You just have to do your best and give it a try. We won't always win but we will always try." She told you firmly and you sighed and took a shakey breath.

"Here why don't you practice with me instead?" She asked and you shook your head. "I can't."

"Sure you can. Here try and focus and stop the water. There's no pressure in here. It's just you and me ok? Just stop the water for me." Natasha said encouragingly and you closed your eyes as you focused.

You focused and told the water to stop. Told it to bend at your will. You told yourself there was no pressure. This was just for you. For Nat. No one would die if you failed, you just had to try.

And you did. And Natasha's eyes went wide as the water began to glow and stop mid air. She gasped and laughed as she hugged you.

"You did it! See there's nothing to worry about. You just have to let go." She said as she released you and turned to look at the frozen water. You turned to watch her and you smiled. She was right. There was nothing to worry about.

You held out your hand and made the water begin to move again, forming it together into a stream and waving it through the air before swirling it around Nat's figure, making her skin glow with the blue light that the water gave off. You swirled it up and she giggled as it waved through her hair and tickled her skin.

You sighed as you eventually released the water and let it run down the drain. Nat sighed as she came over to hug you again and you mumbled a thank you to her.

"That's what I'm here for." She said and you smiled.