Its okay...

I think everyone knows this scene already but it's the sacrifice. ⚠️spoilers for endgame if you haven't seen it :(

Your POV
"A soul for a soul." The Redskull said ominously.

You knew exactly what he meant. Nat walked back and sat down as you paced.

This couldn't be happening. He had to be making it up.

"Jesus. Maybe he's making this shit up." You murmured.

"No. I don't think so."

"Why cuz he knows your daddy's name?" You snapped and Nat continued to stare off into space. Deep in thought.

"I didn't."

Your heart sunk. "I didn't mean to snap at you-" you tried to apologize but she looked up and gave you a weak smile.

"Thanos left here with the stone but without his daughter. You have to sacrifice someone you love for it. It can't be a coincidence."

She said as she looked up at you. The air was tense. You and Nat had a complicated relationship. You were best friends, but it was clear there was more to it.

But you had never locked it down. Love was never brought up. You took it for what it was, an unspoken rollercoaster of a relationship.

"Yeah." You whispered.

"If we don't get that stone billions of people will be dead."

You turned and looked at her. Your chest was heavy as you decided to confess to her. You held back a sob.

"Nat." You murmured. She held out a hand and you held out yours before interlacing your fingers.

"I know I never told you. And I guess I never had the courage to but I think I really loved you. And I loved what we had. And part of me wishes we could just leave and start a life somewhere but we both know we'd never forgive ourselves. You meant the absolute world to me."

You held back a sob as she gave a smile with teary eyes. "I love you too. And it's scaring me that you're talking in the past tense." She whispered and you chuckled.

"Let me do this. For your sake and for everyone else's." She shook her head.

"For the past five years this is what I've been fighting for. To bring everybody back." She said sternly.

"Don't get all decent on me."

"You think I wanna do it? I'd love to be with you, I can't think of anything else I'd rather do than run off with you. But I'm trying to save your life you idiot." She smiled weakly.

"Don't pretend I'm worth it. You know what I've become, what I've done." You muttered and she frowned.

"Oh I don't judge people on their worst mistakes." She said and you frowned.

"Maybe you should."

"You didn't." She gave as a rebuttal.

She squeezed your hand. "They need you Y/n. The Avengers do. The world does."

"Well the world needs you! I need you." You cried and Nat grimaced.

"Please." She whispered.

"You're a pain in my ass you know that?" You murmured.

She nodded before leaning in to kiss you. It was a painful kiss, one filled with every last ounce of passion and love you both had. One final kiss. You swore you'd never feel lips as perfect as hers again.

She leaned her forehead on yours as you stood in silence. Then you pulled back.

"Ok. You win." You said and she sighed. You smirked before kicking her feet out and pinning her to the ground.

"Tell everyone I love them." You said as you held her down. She looked at you shocked and then smiled.

"Tell them yourself." She grunted as she flipped you and you groaned as she pushed you down. She then stood and shocked you to keep you down.

You cried out before getting up and shooting an explosive arrow to stop her as she ran for the edge.

You smiled and nodded at her before running. You took a deep breath before leaping over the edge. You felt free, finally.

You knew your life was never perfect and it was never easy. You were so tired and so weighed down by everything in your past. And you were glad that you finally got to experience some light in the darkness before you left.

But suddenly you felt her arms around your waist as she grabbed you and you both dove over the edge. She turned and shot a cable to grapple onto the cliff. You both swung before hitting the rock. You had to grab Nats wrist before she fell as you both dangled above the drop.

"Damn you!" You muttered as you both breathed heavily and grunted in pain.

She looked up at you with soft eyes. You looked away to avoid them. "No." You murmured softly.

"Let me go..." she whispered so softly you barely heard her. But it was enough. You fought the lump in your throat. You told yourself it wasn't real.

"No!" You said as you closed your eyes and blinked back tears.

"No please no.." you whimpered and she smiled lovingly.

She swallowed hard before speaking again.

"It's okay.." she whispered and reassured you.

"Please.." you whimpered and she shut her eyes with a content smile on her face.

"I love you." She said softly before kicking off the rocks and letting go of you. You screamed as you watched her fall before a bright light overwhelmed you.

You awoke in a pool of water and you looked down to find the stone in your hand. But Nat was gone.

"I love you too." You whispered into the cold air.

AN This is so sad I almost don't even wanna post it but oh well and I have like a million ideas of shots but after nats death as you recover but I haven't posted any because they make me cry. Anyway I hope you enjoyed and I'm so sorry ;(