Not a damn thing

This is basically that one bar scene from Ultron with Bruce and Nat but the reader is Bruce and if you haven't noticed these are all gxg sooooo

Your POV
You looked off across Tony's giant room he was entertaining a party in. You felt mostly lost and out of place since parties weren't really your thing. But then Natasha shaking drinks at the bar caught your eye and you decided why not say hello.

"How'd a pretty girl like you end up working at a dump like this?" You asked sarcastically. Natasha's eyes light up at the compliment.

"Lover done me wrong." She looked off and sighed happily as she passed a red drink across the bar. "You? Why are you sitting by yourself over there?" She asked turning back to you.

You smiled weakly. "Parties aren't really my thing. Actually people aren't really my thing either." She smiled. "Yeah well maybe this will take the edge off." She said as she clinked your glass with a drink of her own.

You smirked as you took a sip. You cringed. "Damn that's strong. That lover did a number on you huh?" You asked weakly as you choked back a cough.

She rolled her eyes. "Got a lousy taste in men, kid." You said as you took another sip. It was actually really good after the initial bite it packed. You swore Natasha could do anything.

Natashas cheeks lit up as she sighed. "Really she's not so bad." Your eyebrows quirked at the she.

"Shes mostly quiet and acts all tough but inside she's got a lot of emotion. I can read her like a book you know, she's got a heart of gold in there somewhere."

You swallowed as you looked away, trying not to blush. But she continued.

"But she's not like anyone I've ever known. All my friends, my family here, they're fighters. But all her life she's been running from the fight because she's afraid of winning." Natasha looked away. "I know she would fight when the time was right though for the right person too."

"She sounds amazing." You smiled as you fidgeted nervously.

"She's also a huge dork." Natasha added.

"You know genius is a much nicer term." You added weakly as you shuffled your feet.

"Hey chicks dig that!" She added quickly.

"So what do you think? Fight it or roll with it?" She asked as she looked at you expectedly.

You froze up as her pretty green eyes seemed to burn right through you.

"I uh roll with it? Right? What did- who- what did this lover d- do that was so uh wrong to you?" You stuttered as you tried to answer.

Natasha just smirked and sighed.

"Not a damn thing."

She said before reaching out a delicate hand and grabbing your chin gently. She pulled your face over the counter to meet hers as she leaned in and gave you a lingering peck on your cheek before releasing you and smiling.

"But never say never." She added before taking her drink and walking off.

You touched the spot on your cheek. Your whole face hot at this point and the anxiety you felt at the party completely gone. You swallowed hard and jumped as Steve came over, a knowing smirk on his face.

"That's nice." He said. You frowned in confusion.

"You and Romanoff." He said. "No no that wasn't we never. She's-" you stammered.

"No it's okay." He laughed holding up a hand as you blushed and looked away. "It's just, shes not the most open person in the world. But with you she seems very relaxed." He said and you laughed.

"Yeah I wish I was the same around her." You said truthfully. Steve chuckled. "I bet she was just as nervous as you. But she's a spy, she's an amazing actress."

You smiled at him. "Still, she just I don't know. Natasha likes to flirt." You debated. Steve rolled his eyes. "I've seen her flirt. Up close. This ain't that." He said as he grabbed a beer and started walking off.

You scoffed as he continued. "Look. As maybe the worlds number one guy on waiting too long. Don't." He said before he started to walk off. You smiled and thought briefly about his advice. But wait.

"Hey what do you mean up close?!" You called after him. He smiled.

"I'm not sure honestly. I could have sworn she was into me but then I realized I wasn't exactly her type. I'm a little too well manly. Like I said, great actress." Steve chuckled before turning again. "But a hell of a kisser!" He called over his shoulder.

I smirked at him and sat back at the bar, finishing my odd and unique drink, that I had informally dubbed The Black Widow.

Wait. When in the hell did Nat kiss Steve?

AN kinda short kinda shit but idk I thought it was a cute little idea. Same as always vote if you enjoyed and leave any suggestions!