Well this is awkward

Another scene from Winter Soldier. You are leading a mission to save hostages that have been captured by pirates. Seems although Natasha had other plans.

Your POV

"Well what about that guy from accounting? He's kinda cute." Natasha suggested effortlessly as she prepared to dive out of the plane.

"Not really my type Nat." I told her. She sighed as she finished strapping up. "Alright fine. Clearly you really aren't feeling any of these guys. Are you feeling any," she paused for a moment and I looked at her.

"Girls?" She asked me meeting my eyes. I swallowed hard. "Yeah maybe." I responded and she smiled warmly, making a sigh of relief flood over me.

"Hey that's fine. There's nothing wrong with that. How about that nurse that lives across the hall from you? She's pretty hot." She said and I smiled.

"Warmer but still not quite feeling her." I responded as I got my communication devices on.

"Ah ha. Ok how about that girl from statistics. If you asked her out she would probably say yes." Nat explained and I groaned.

"I know that's why I don't ask." I said as I opened the door and prepared to jump out.

"Too shy? Or too scared?" She called as the wind whipped into the plane.

"Too busy!" I shouted as I jumped. The wind slapping my face as I flew. If only she knew it's because I liked her. She was beautiful and unimaginably talented. And I was starting to think she was into me, but this was her way of flirting. Mock obliviousness.

Nat rolled her eyes. "Was she wearing a parachute?" Rumlow asked. Natasha clicked her tongue and smiled proudly.

"No. No she wasn't."

(...)

The mission was going well. We all secured our positions and I made my mark, setting the final part of the mission into action. We had this in the bag. Or so I thought.

"Captain, Romanoff missed the rendezvous point. We have the hostages on the route to exit but hostiles are still in play." Rumlow informed me as I tried to catch me breath, grabbing my shield.

I sighed. Batroc was on the move now too.

"Natasha, Batroc is on the move. Circle back and protect the hostages. Natasha? Where are you?" I didn't get to hear a response as Batroc attacked me.

I smirked and went at him. Punching, kicking, we were a tangle of arms and legs.

He was good I had to admit.

"I thought you were more than a shield." He challenged in French.

I laughed. "Let's see." I responded.

I let my shield clatter to the ground as I attacked again. We struggled but I got the upper hand. I grabbed my shield and put it on my back.

He got knocked down and as he struggled to his feet I slammed into him and knocked us through a door. We both groaned as we painfully smashed onto the ground and I punched him hard in the face to knock him out.

Hard enough to make my knuckles sting. I panted and jumped at the sound of a voice.

"Well this is awkward." Natasha smirked at me as she was bend over a keyboard teasingly. Her green eyes burning into me. I blushed. How could she look this good? And why now when I was furious at her?

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked harshly and her smile faded. "Backing up the hard drive. It's a good habit to get into." She responded, her fresh tone both excited me and made me furious.

"Rumlow needed you. We had a plan. What are you doing here?" I asked, annoyance heavy in my voice.

I walked over and looked at the computer screens. My brow furrowed as I clenched my sore fists.

"You're saving SHIELD intel." I said angrily.

"Whatever I can get my hands on." She said suggestively as she bit her lip and looked me up and down. I swallowed my arousal and focused on my anger.

"Our mission was to rescue hostages."

"No, no that was your mission." She corrected me matter of factly. "And you've done it beautifully." She complimented me as she tried to shuffle by me. It's as if this was all a joke to her, and her only mission was to mess with me instead. I had to give her a rude awakening.

I grabbed her arm firmly and she gasped as I pulled her to face me, it was easy with my enhanced strength. "You just jeopardized this whole operation." I said harshly right in her face. She rolled her eyes.

"I think that's overstating things." She said and grabbed her tighter. "Is this all a joke to you? These peoples lives? Be serious Natasha." I scolded and her face fell as she realized I was pissed.

"Hey I'm here to do what I was told. Not all of us are blessed with special serums in our veins. Of course I care but I'm also the only one here who knows how to hack that information and get what is ours back." She said coldly as she glared at me.

For some reason I both wanted to smack and kiss that look of her face. I wondered if she would be into that.

"That wasn't our mission!" I yelled, frustrated. She was about to say something else until we both heard movement. Batroc got up and threw a bomb at us.

I quickly smacked it away as Natasha jumped into my arms and hugged me close. I picked her up and started running toward the window. She shot out the glass and I dove through. The bomb went off and the heat licked at my skin. A ringing stung in my ears as Nat and I scrambled up against the wall, both of us groaning in pain.

"Shit." I muttered as I clutched my ears and looked up over the wall. Nothing but fire and debris.

Natasha groaned as she looked over at me. Both of us panting. "Ok. That ones on me." She said between breathes.

"You're damn right." I said before going to get up. She reached out and grabbed my finger tips softly. "I'm sorry." She whispered and I sighed.

The smallness of her voice made my heart ache. Her face was dirty and her eyes were tired and scared. I wanted nothing more than to hug her. Tell her it was okay and I forgave her. To clean the dirt off her face and kiss her cuts. I wanted to kiss her. I wanted to be with her. But I had a job to do and a position to uphold.

I pulled my hand away and stalked off. Natasha sighed as she watched me go. "Damn it. Y/n wait up!" She called after me.

I rubbed my face. This girl would be the end of me.

AN can you tell I like this movie and I wish I could have been cap in it? Well anyway a lot of my ideas come from scenes in this movie and you might see more. Vote and comment as always if you enjoyed!