Safe House (2)

A continuation of Safe House. Takes place after Ultron is defeated. ⚠️it gets a little steamy but I will add in the warning before that part so you can skip past it and just read the fluff :)

Nats POV
It was over. Ultron was defeated. Everyone was heading home. Tony left to go back to Pepper. Clint went back to his family. Thor had gone back to Asgard. Banner was MIA. Steve was the only one staying.

"You heading off Romanoff?" He asked as I approached him and Fury.

"I can stay if you need me. You have your work cut out for you." I said. It was true. Fury had basically assigned him to form a team out of the new recruits.

"No. Go back home Nat. You deserve it." He said and I crossed my arms and looked away. "Really, I know you love working, but you also love your family. And they love you."

He urged and I smiled. "I just don't want to leave you here all alone." I told him and Fury chuckled.

"Please Natasha I don't need an elopement on my hands." He said and I glared at him as Steve chuckled.

Steve was just one of my closet friends and I didn't want to leave him behind. But he was right. I did need a break.

"I'll be fine. I can do this all day!"

"Alright then. I have a feeling I'll see you both soon anyway." I said as I hugged Steve and gave Fury a hand shake. They smiled.

"Thank you for your service Agent Romanoff."

(...)

With that I had formally retired from SHIELD. It was scary but I was happy. Happy to finally spend time with my family. And boy would I have my hands full.

I went back home on a small jet that SHIELD lent me. I put it in the barn. Then I finally walked up the same familiar steps and opened the door.

This time I had called ahead.

"I'm coming home." I said.
"I can't wait." Y/n answered.

The extent of our conversation had essentially just been confessions of how much we missed each other and couldn't wait to be together.

I smiled as I opened the door to be met with my family. The kids screaming as they came and hugged me.

"I missed you so much!" I told them. They responded by catching me up on everything I missed. And I smiled and kissed them as I tried to listen to half the words that streamed from their mouths.

Y/n walked into the room and my heart stopped. "Guys I think mommy is tired. Why don't you go play and I'll take her upstairs for a nap. Then you can tell her everything when she gets up, ok?"

Y/n saved me as she stroked Coopers hair and they both nodded before leaving. "Wanna play video games?" "Of course!"

I chuckled as they raced to the living rooms TV. Then I turned back to Y/n. She was as gorgeous as ever. And she looked even better than before. No longer seeming tired and weighed down by the pregnancy. She was seeming to recover nicely.

She walked over to me and just hugged me close. I ran my hands over her back and pet her hair as she breathed me in. I sighed deeply as she squeezed me and swayed us slightly.

"I love you so much Nat." She cooed.

She giggled as I picked her up and kissed her face. "I missed you so much." I grumbled as I pecked her face and she laughed. "Stop!" She cried as I kissed her and held her tightly.

We laughed and kissed and hugged and confessed our love for a while until she finally pulled away and took my hand to bring me upstairs.

"Where is she?" I asked quietly and Y/n gave me a proud smile. "In the nursery sleeping. Come look." She whispered as she pulled me to the nursery.