Bye Bye Bikinis

Based off of a scene from Winter Soldier, the reader is playing Captain America, where you pull Nat aside after she takes the flash drive you had hidden.

Your POV

I stared into the empty slot in the vending machine where I had hidden the strange flash drive behind the bubble gum.

Someone had taken it. But it was such a perfect spot? They would have had to seen me put it in there. But who?

I looked up and saw a reflection in the glass. I internally groaned when my eyes met with the red heads through the glass. I watched as she popped a bubble gum bubble.

I finally turned to face her, hoping my anger was evident on my face. She just looked up at me with a blank face and I turned to look around the hallway. No one in sight and a small closet just across the hall.

I smiled sweetly at her before grabbing her arm and pulling her into the closet. She gasped in surprise and grunted as I pushed her up against a wall. She swallowed and tried to regain her composure.

"That was hot." She grumbled as she smiled at me.

I cut the crap. "Where is it?" I asked firmly.

"Safe." She said nonchalantly. "Do better than that." I told her as I narrowed my eyes.

"Where did you get it?" She asked me. I scoffed.

"Why would I tell you that?"

Her eyes flashed across my face. I saw the realization hit her.

"Fury gave it to you didn't he? Why?" She asked now shocked. I could feel the warmth of her bubble gum breathe on my face.

"What's on it?" I asked. She must have looked at it. Of course she would the little spy sneaking around and ruining my plans.

"I don't know." She said sassily as she rolled her eyes. I grit my teeth at how frustrating she was being. I tightened my grip on her arm and pushed her harder up against the wall. Her eyes widened as she looked back at me.

"Stop lying!" I whisper yelled and she scoffed.

"I only act like I know everything! And stop you're hurting me." She said as she looked at my hand on her arm. I could feel her muscles flexing.

I was a little taller and stronger than her now after I went through my procedure. And sometimes I forgot my own strength.

I sighed as I loosened my grip. I turned and looked over my shoulder. This was all starting to make sense.

"You and Fury hired the pirates didn't you?" I asked.

Her mouth opening and closed and I smiled as her eyes flashed over my face. She sighed.

"Makes sense. The ship was dirty and Fury needed a way in. So do you." She explained and I got frustrated again as she avoided the question.

I gripped her arm tightly again and almost lifted her off the ground as I pushed her back in the wall. Her eyes widened again and I could see the shock on her face, and I took notice to the faint blush that ghosted her cheeks.

"I'm not gonna ask you again!" I said firmly as I watched her face. Waiting for an answer. She could see the seriousness on my own face.

"I know who killed Fury." She whispered.

My face fell and I loosened my grip on her, her feet reconnecting with the ground. What? She knew who that weird assassin robot guy was?

I watched as her breathing became more normal. Her chest rising and falling and I smirked.

"Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists." She began explaining as I held eye contact with her. Her bright green eyes seeming excited and confused as she searched my face with them.

"The ones that do call him the Winter Soldier. He's credited with over two dozen assassinations in the past 50 years." She put emphasis on the 50 years and my mind began to swirl.

50 years? He had to be a ghost story. You can't be an assassin and be elderly it just didn't work out. Unless.. but I pushed the thought away, the thought that someone like me had been trapped in ice and had awoken years later.

"So he's a ghost story." I stated more than asked and she smiled.

"5 years ago I was taking a nuclear engineer out of Iran. Somebody shot out my tires. We lost control, went right over a cliff and I pulled us out." She told the story and I could see the truth in her eyes.

Natasha never stopped surprising me with the shit she had done in her life. She spoke as if this was the most normal thing. I couldn't help but smile a little.

"But the Winter Soldier was there. I was covering my engineer so he shot him," I looked down as she started to lift her shirt, revealing a large scar on her stomach. My eyes widened.

"Straight through me." She finished as she looked back at me and smiled. I furrowed my brow at her.

"Soviet slug. No rifling. Bye bye bikinis." She said smirking.

I scoffed. I nodded and looked at her seriously again.

"Yeah I bet you look terrible in them." I tried to hide my smile as she pushed my shoulder and frowned.

She swallowed again before continuing. "Going after him is a dead end, I know I tried." My eyes lit up as she held up the flash drive.

"Like you said he's a ghost story." She whispered again. I frowned.

"Well let's find out what the ghost wants." I said before taking the flash drive and putting it in my pocket. She nodded.

She bit her lip as she rubbed her arm. "Jesus they really made you a super human didn't they? Could you not manhandle me next time?" She asked as she followed me out of the room.

"No promises sweetheart." I smirked as I looked over my shoulder and saw her blushing. "Besides can you really call it man handling if I'm not a man?" I asked as I heard her chuckle.

She sighed. "We're gonna get ourselves killed aren't we?" She said as she caught up and walked next to me.

"For Fury, I think it's worth it. We can't have this guy out on the loose." I said. She looked away glumly. I knew she was upset about Fury so I tried to lighten the mood.

"You know, I can't stop imagining you standing there buying 5 packs of bubble gum. And like putting in all the quarters too." She looked up at me and giggled.

"Shut up there wasn't an easier way. Want a piece?" She asked and I took it, savoring the sweet taste.

"Thanks. And I bet you look wonderful in bikinis by the way. I was just angry." I said honestly as I looked down at her.

She blushed a little. "Thanks. And it's funny seeing you angry. Scary but funny. You try and seem all tough but really you're just adorable." She said and I rolled my eyes as I threw an arm over her shoulder and led us outside.

Something told me I was gonna enjoy this mission.

AN honestly I could write a whole story about this movie where the reader is cap because there is just so much tension
Anyway I hope you liked this little one shot and vote and comment with any other ideas. I still have a few that I might write today.