More Of Him

Art by hawberries

"Okay boys. Time clean up. We'll start practicing some more for our next match. Move it!" Keishin shouted.

"Right!" All the boys shout back.

It's late at night. All afternoon, this is what the boys do? Gosh, I'm lucky I don't play sports anymore. Ha. I decided to help put the balls away with the boys.

I grabbed like 2 balls and then Asahi walls up to me. "Hey. Let me help you with th-those." He stutters a bit. He tried his best to stay in posture. I responded with a comforting smile. "Don't worry I got it." I replied. He made an assured face, though he probably still felt the need to help. I put the balls in the basket, and turn to see Asahi bring more behind me. He tenses up a bit, but stays calm when putting them in.

"You really were amazing out there Asahi. Where you learn how to hit the ball that high?" I asked. I'm nit very talkative but I wanted to know more about him.

"Oh. I learned it here. Our old Coach Ukai taught me." He said, trying to sound very informative.

"Cool! Grandpa really has some special tricks. Was he grumpy all the time or was he more friendlier here?" I wanted to know how Granpa was like here. I mean, he acts both, but tends to be more grumpier.

"I say both. But he was an incredible coach." he responded.

"You all seem to respect the Ukai's a lot. Even when some of us are ugly miserable asses." I said the last part a bit loud for Keishin to hear. Which he did. "You're right Y/N. Why should people treat you nice if you're so ugly?" He smirked.

"Because, I am better than you dum dum!" You joked back.

"Yeah. Whatever." He said back.

"You t- two seem to get a-along prett-ty well." Asahi stuttered, not sure if he should have said that.

"Oh. We do. Especially in family reunions. Ha!" You joked, hoping for him to feel more comfortable.

"So anyways, how come you didn't get here on time? Were you busy or something?" I asked. He was outside and yet got late to come at gym.

"Oh. I was asked to help sent some papers to a teacher. Only for today tho." He explained.

"I see." I answered.

"Look at that. Asahi is getting know our coach's little sister. How's it feel to make new friends on your own big bud?" Tenaka said, right behind Asahi.

"Uh..great?" Asahi responded unsured.

"Hehe. You know, we could definintly be friends. If you want, of course." I added.

Asahi looked back at me with a poker face, and realizes what I just said. "Oh. Ye-yeah! T-that would b-be gre-great!" He stuttered.

"Great! Let me give you my number. Do you have your phone?" You asked.

"Oh! Yeah, just give me a mo-moment." He says as he tries to search his phone in his bag.

"Here. Found it." He said, and passes his phone to me. I grab it, switching his to yours, and enter in his contacts. I add myself and put mybnickname on it. (Lazy POTATO). I return the phone to him, as well, as he returns mine back.

"Hm? Lazy potato?" He questioned.

"Yup. That's me. It's just a nickname. If you want, you can change it back to my normal name."

"No no no. It's fine. Now I know who you are." He smiled.

"Yeah." I said.

-------Later------
Me and my bro are heading hime before we decide to close the store again. Usually, according to him, when I'm asleep, the boys always come to the convienience store to buy Meat Buns. Who knows? Maybe they'll come tonight.

When we arrived, Keishin opened the store's door and went back sitting at the cashier seat. "Since you are still up, Imma ask you to put the rest of the stacks away. I'm too tired to do shit."

Who does he think he is?!?

"You are so mean!" You jokingly whined.

"I don't remember being nice." He replied.

Just then, the boys enter the store. "Oh, hey Ukai." Sugawara said.

"Hey." Both me and my bro said.

"Right..." Kaegeyama muttered.

You noticed Asahi behind everyone. It was like he was hiding. I get what he feels. After what just happened at the gym, it will be embarassing to face it again.

"So, let me guess. Came gere for the usual? Meat buns?" Keishin yawned.

"Um yeah. Hope it isn't too much asking." Daichi said, reaching his hand behind his neck.

"It's fine." Keishin replied. He then gies to get the meat buns. Leaving me here with the boys. To make it less awkward, I decided to do what Kesishin ordered me to do. Put the rest of the stacks away. I have to walk around the place only to put some bag of chips where they belong. Oh, and some gummies. Yum.

"Hey. How come we never seen you work here at night? Or in daytime?" Hinata asked.

"I'm usually asleep when the store opens and closed. You see, I didn't have much to do here. But that all change after Ni-san started coaching you guys." I explained.

"Is it really hard doing this all on your own?" Sugawara asked.

"A bit. But hey, that means I'm in charge of everything in this store. Well, temporarily." I said, trying to sound more optimistic.

"Do you like to boss people around or something?" Tsukki asked.

"Kinda. It's not really my thing. However, having the potential to take over control of something is better than being part of the mess." I tried to explain.

"I guess that's right..." Kaegeyama mumbled.

"Ok boys. Here are your Meat Buns." Keishin loudly states as he walks out of the back room. The boys switch their attention to Keishin. Well, everyone but Asahi. Who was staring at me. I felt that weird sensation, so I turned to where Asahi was standing. As I turned my face to him, he quickly looks away. I was a bit confused but I smiled at the same time.

"Thanks Coacb Ukai. Bye!" The boys said, as they left. Asahi turns for a bit, and gives me a little wave.

I smiled for a while. Keishin noticed and made a confused face.

"What are you smiling about dork face?" He asked.

I immediately turned to him with an offensed pose. "Uh...bitch!" You said in a sassy tone.

It was his turn to look offended. Putting his hand on his chest. "Uh...rude!"

(A/N: sorry if it was too short but I really don't know what I am doing LOL. But I am continuing to write more chapters. So just wait. Thank you for reading and may God bless you <3)