A Long Way To Go

Credit to Artist

"Arigatou!!!" Yelled all the boys in the cafeteria. Yes, today is the last day of Volleyball Practice. We are going back to Miyagi. So exhausting. You and Asahi have been baking a lot of meatbuns for every team. It's fun and all games but it is super tiring. But at least Kuroo amd Bokuto won't blackmail you.

"I'm so glad it's all over." You muttered.

"You know, I had an amazing week cooking with you." Asahi said with confidence.

"Yeah, it was lots of fun."

"I also wa-want to show you something." He stuttered. You could see him shyly wave his arms on his side.

"What is it?"

He takes ypu to the back of the kitchen, where he takes out a small tray he. In that tray, it had some cookies. It had....

"Are those raisins?" You asked suspicious.

"Wh-what?! No, I wouldn't- No, they are chocolate chips. Y-your favorite." He said.

"Okaaaaayyyy.." you suspected but again, it's Asahi. He wouldn't hurt a fly. Or a tree. Or a rock...
You grab a cookie and bite it. The sound of the crunchiness was satisfying to your ears. As you began to munch, you could taste the delicious chocolate, and the sweet flavor it had. You fell in love with it.

Your expression as you ate it made it clear it was good. Asahi was proud of himself and happy to know you liked it. He worked all night to make about 20 cookies. Yes, he likes you that much, enough to work his butt all night.

"These taste so good! Teddy, you're the best!"

"We-well, I did them all f-f-for you."

"All of them?! For...ME?!" You were shocked. When he nods, you were internally dancing in joy and happiness. You just wanted to give this man a smooch. But you're just friends so let's have some limits. :(

"Thank you Teddy!" You gave him a big hug. He hugs you back. It was all good until the two of you heard a snap. Or a phone taking a picture. The two of you turn around, and have eye contact with Kuroo and Bokuto.

"What the heck are you guys doing?!"

"We were just coming to get more of those meatbuns. But I guess you guys are busy baking something else~" Kuroo responded.

"Imma bout to beaf both of yo asses up!" You yelled. Both of them ran as fast as the could when you began to chase them.

That left Asahi alone in the kitchen. He was happy, but a bit disappointed that he couldn't hugged you for much longer. He decided to putthe cookies in a small box for you to have in your hands. While he was doing that, he hears 4 people come in.

It was Takeda-sensei, Daichi, Sugawara, and Nishinoya.

"Oh, hey Azumane. Hope you and Y/N cleaned up the mess." Takeda-Sensei said.

"W-we did, sir." He stuttered.

"Hey man. How was baking this morning?" Sugawara asked.

"Uhm, good?"

"Just good?" Nishinoya asked.

"We-well, yeah. I mean, I w-was moping and making the dough."

"Yeah, but were you and Y/N having a good time?" Daichi sighed, trying to get the two of you together already.

"We were doing okay."

"Dang, you really don't know how to tell a story." Nishinoya yawned, just to get Asahi up.