6.8

(Just Ashton and Luke)

Sep. 14, 12:08

Age: 16

Luke's cellphone begins ringing. The sleepy boy groans, flopping his hand around on his bedside table in search of the damned device. He finally finds it and slides the accept call button. He presses it to his ear and grumbles out a hello.

"Luke?"

"Ash, what the hell are you calling at this hour for, man? I'm trying to get some sleep."

"I'm sorry to bother you but I need your help please."

Luke shot up in bed at the sound of his friend's urgent voice.

"What's wrong, Ashton? Is everything okay? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah! I mean its important but everything is fine."

"Jesus, don't scare me like that."

"Sorry."

"S'okay. What do ya need?"

"Well, Calum told me yesterday he doesn't wanna go to college."

"And?"

"And, well I think that's unfair to him. He's a great writer and has a great mind, even if he says he doesn't. I've seen him write. He thinks I don't see but I do. And it's amazing!"

"Okay, so what are you thinking we should do?"

"Well you know how the school always holds that annual poetry contest or whatever?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm thinking that we should submit some of his works. Maybe if he won, or just placed in the contest, that it would give him the extra boost of confidence he needs to realise his potential."

"That's a good idea, Ash. But Calum's never gonna enter it willingly and you know that."

"Who said he's doing it willingly?"

"Irwin, I don't like the sound of your voice."

***
DOUBLE UPDATE BC I REALLY WANTED TO WRITE THIS AND BTW, CALUMS GONNA READ THE POEMS SO YOULL GET TO SEE THEM.

Stay Lovely. XXX- Hayley