7.7

Mar. 23, 12:07

Age: 17

"Calum, have you thought about your future?"

"What part of my future?"

"Like college, career, and all that."

"Well, I suppose yeah. A little. I've got a rough idea of where I want to go and what I want to do. Why?"

"Because I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do with my life."

"Ashton, are you all right?"

"Honestly?"

"Of course."

"No. I'm not."

"What's wrong baby?"

"I don't want to grow up. I don't want to leave and I don't want to become an adult. I want to stay young, stay here, forever."

"Why's that, darling?"

"Here is easy. Here is safe. Being young means I can still make mistakes without worrying about consequences. It means I don't have so much responsibility. Growing up is hard and I don't want to do it."

"We have to do things we don't want to do, Ash. That's life. If we all got what we wanted then we wouldn't appreciate it."
"I know that but it's so hard to believe that when the road ahead looks so dangerous."

"It won't be easy, that's true, but the best things in life aren't easy to come by. The best moments in life aren't the ones where we play it safe. Life isn't meant to be easy or safe, it's meant to be challenging. To push us. It's supposed to be dangerous and make us feel alive. Growing up seems upsetting, but it's actually just another part of life to experience new things and make better memories. Plus, you don't have the pressure of being told what to do anymore. You make your own decisions. You make your own life, Ashton."

"Thank you, Calum. God, I love you."

"I love you too. Now, let's list some things you like and maybe we can find a good career for you to look into."

"I don't really know. I guess I like kids."

"Maybe a teacher?"

"I could do that, but little kids. I hate older kids. Bunch of Jack asses."

"You might want to work on that potty mouth of yours then."

"Oh shut up. Yours is so much worse than mine."

"True. What kind of teacher would you want to be?"

"Maybe an art teacher? Or a music one."

"Hmm, you'd be good at either. How about tomorrow we go online and look up schools with good teaching programs, find a few, and then this weekend we can go out with Mike and Luke and tour around some campuses. Sound good?"

"Sounds great."

"It's a date then."

"We need to go on more dates."

"I'll get right on that."

"You'll probably forget tomorrow morning."

"Probably."

"Calum Hood, you have no shame."

"That I do not, Ashton Irwin. But what I do have is a need for a good night's rest. C'mon. Bed time."

"Okay, okay. I'm coming."

"Night baby doll."

"Good night, Cally."

***
No angst yet but probably soon...Also, do you think that I should do a spin off to this book and do a book about Muke and their relationship and perspectives in this book? I think it would be intriguing.

I have a big ending-I think- for this book. (-;

But guys, what if one of the boys reads fanfics? What if they're reading my fanfics?? 👀 👀👀 that would be pretty damn cool actually.

If I ever date one of the boys(HA I'm full of jokes tonight) I'll make sure they know all about gay fanfiction.

Stay Lovely. XXX- Hayley