Chapter 1

I wasn't surprised when I had gotten home from my last day of Year 10 to find it as silent as the dead, the living rooms couch was indented and stained with splotches of alcohol from whenever my Mother passed out on the couch with a glass of wine or a pint of beer. Hopefully when she gets home she's sober, otherwise I'll have to hide my manga so she doesn't try to sell it off for drinking money; she did once, telling me that as my Mother she was entitled to my manga and sold it so she could pay a portion of her tab.

Sighing, I headed straight for the staircase with my bag in tow as I made a beeline for my bedroom.

Getting into my bedroom I shrugged off my bag and put it by my desks leg and near the door to my room. Closing my bedroom door I grit my teeth at my school uniform as I grabbed a plain looking short sleeved black top and a pair of denim blue shorts with a pair of tights underneath them. Getting dressed into the outfit I folded up my uniform and put it at the end of my bed.

" Why the hell do we still have school uniforms? The US doesn't have them so why on earth do we still have 'em? " I muttered under my breath as I grabbed Volume 1 of My Hero Academia, or known by more serious fans as Boku No Hero Academia.

Sitting down at my desk I opened up my manga and began to read while humming 'The Day' and occasionally singing along with it as I reread my manga for nearly the hundredth time.

Time passed by and I noticed that I hadn't heard the door open for what only I could assume were a few hours, even if she's not the greatest Mother in the world, I'll still take care of her when she needs it. I'm not that heartless that I'd let her be killed just because of her petty, drunken entitlement.

Closing my manga and placing it down on my desk I stopped when I heard a very light thump of a footstep coming from right behind me. Reaching under my desk for the knife I had hidden there, I internally sighed in annoyance as I couldn't feel it at all.

Taking in a breath, in a flash I had quickly gotten up from my desk and charged at the intruder, with my fist on a collision course with his stomach. The suddenness of my charge seemingly surprised him as he quickly took a step back with wide eyes, but it didn't stop my punch as it landed in his gut.

He stumbled back with a heavy wheeze as he held his stomach, only then did I happen to notice the fact that between me and the door was this guy and some swirly blue portal like thingy.

But during my moment of distraction, I didn't notice as he began to attack back, I could only manage to catch his hands as we wrestled. I was going off of pure adrenaline during our altercation and struggle for me to stop him from punching me, I was glad for my decision to do extra in PE due to my now above average strength.

We pushed each other all around the room, bumping into whatever furniture was in my room, we kept on pushing each other, hoping to push the other one down. Getting pushed backwards I didn't realise that he was pushing me towards the portal.

Until he gave me one more forceful shove, grabbing onto him by his shirt as I began to go down I wanted to bring him down with me. But when I landed on my back, I landed on something cold and hard, my bedroom at least has a carpet and not wooden flooring.

The man fell down and luckily didn't land on top of me, quickly shaking off our surroundings I got up and held the guy down by holding his hands behind his back and planting his face into the pavement with my other hand as my knee was on his back.

And with that, the adrenaline began to die down as I began to notice that I wasn't in my bedroom, I wasn't even anywhere I recognised. It was night, that's when I heard a cough as I looked over at who was trying to get my attention.