chapter 3

The corridor was crowded with demons. Some of them were exceptionally drunk while some were barely sober. Songs were playing and the demons were dancing and being cheerful.

Even though the party was organized for Grey, he strolled in late without a care in the world. He was certainly not the Party type, however, he had to attend because it was kind of necessary to show his face around, especially when the party was organized because of him. He did not want to seem rude to his Uncle and get in trouble with Beelzebub.

He sighed softly as he stood close to the entrance and rested his back on the wall. He watched the demons partying. He collected a drink from one of the demons who was serving and opened his drink. He slowly sipped on it as he endured watching the other demons who were dancing. 

“Hey, Grey,” someone said from his side. Grey practically rolled his eyes even before looking. He knew that voice very well.

Erna.

Grey ignored her and continued to sip on his drink. He was not in the mood to speak to her. 

“Hey, Grey, I'm talking to you,” Erna said as she moved a bit closer to Grey and ran her fingers down his chest. “Why don't you want to talk to me?” she asked.

“Take those fingers of yours off me before I break each one of them,” Grey snapped, making Erna shiver in fear.

She knew Grey was serious about it, and he would do it if she pushed him further.

Erna moved backwards, leaving some space between them. She simply does not desire to push her luck.

“What is wrong, Grey?” Erna asked, however she was still wary of him. “I just want us to have fun together,” she said, biting her lips and blinking her eyelashes at him.

Grey hissed. ‘Why doesn't this girl just get the hint?’ he muttered angrily to himself. ‘Maybe I will have to teach her a lesson, so she can quit chasing me. Yes, that is what I will do,’ he concluded to himself.

“I don't want to have fun with you,” Grey said bluntly

“But - ” 

“Get out of my way!” Grey exclaimed, interrupting her words as he pushed past her. He was very irritated and he did not want to hear some other phrase slip from her mouth. 

She's so annoying,’ he said to himself.

He ventured into the crowd of demons. “I would have chosen to stay at home than to be here if I had the choice,” he sighed softly as he sat down on a stool.

Grey noticed his brother kissing a female demon. He shook his head.

“That's all he knows how to do," Grey muttered.

An hour later, Grey was getting bored. He decided he had spent a lot of time at the party and it was time he went home.  He stood up from his seat and made his way to the exit of the door but before he could stroll out of the door, he was blocked by his brother and two different demons who were standing on both sides of his brother.

Grey crossed his arms as he glared at his brother. 

“Get out of my way!” Grey shouted.

He was not simply geared up for anything his brother had planned. He just desired to go home and have an appropriate nighttime sleep.

“You think you can just embarrass me in front of all those demons and go free?” Josh asked as he glared back at his brother.

“You asked for it and you deserve it,” Grey muttered angrily. “Now get out of my way!”  Grey repeated as he tried to push past them. but the demons did not move. Grey knew he was slightly inebriated, and he was not in the mood to fight.