chapter 8

The next day, Ariel woke up feeling a bit cold. She was aware it was not due to the climate but because of someone.

“The demon,” she whispered

It had been two days since she last saw him and it felt like an eternity.

During those two days, she tried not to think about him but failed miserably because her mind constantly drifted to him, usually wondering what he was up to.

She stood up from her bed and took a quick bath before she made her way downstairs. 

She noticed her Dad and Mom cuddling on the couch and her father whispering things to her mother, which made her laugh. She smiled at their close bond.

They are so in love,’ she thought to herself. ‘I can’t even have what my parents share,’ she added as she shook her head. She forced a smile on her face before she entered the living room.

“Good morning,” she said with a smile on her face as she greeted everyone.

“Good morning,” her parents greeted her back, matching the smile on her face.

She sat down on the couch, watching the show on TV, before she saw a radiant glimmer and her grandfather Samael landed in the living room holding her grandmother Maria’s hand.

Though Samael and Maria were not soulmates, they both still seemed to be so in love with each other. Ariel admired their relationship so much.

Both her grandparents sat down and she saw how her grandfather wasted no time in pulling her grandmother close. He wrapped his arms tightly around her and that made Ariel look away because she knew none of it could happen to her.

Maybe if I discover a way to do away with the bond I share with the demon, I can have a beautiful relationship like that,’ Ariel said to herself. 

“I just hope there is a way,” she whispered, feeling down already.

From the corner of Raguel's eyes, he watched his daughter’s unhappy expressions. He was attempting to make his stare discreet, so as not to draw attention to his daughter, in particular from her mother. He did not want his spouse to worry about their daughter because he knew Elena very well. Once she would find out something was going on with her daughter, she might not rest until she figured out what was going on.

He completely respected Ariel's wishes right now. He was glad nobody was persuading his daughter to say what she was not ready for.

He sighed softly as he averted his eyes from his daughter and concentrated on his soulmate.

Raphael and Michael ultimately made an appearance in the living room. Both of them had left the residence early in the morning to stretch their wings. Since Angels don't sleep they could leave in the morning. Just pure angels, though. Half angels like Ariel and Elena had to sleep as their bodies didn’t refresh themselves.

The complete family was seated in the living room looking at the show on the screen. Within no time, the end credits rolled. Elena got up, but not before leaving a tender kiss on her husband's lips. 

“Alright, let's go make lunch,” Elena said as she pulled her daughter up alongside her mother. 

The three of them made their way to the kitchen to prepare the food. While making the meals, they talked about random things and laughed. 

The meals were served and the entire family ate in silence. When they were done eating, Ariel washed the dishes and went straight to meet her Uncle.