chapter 7

Grey glanced around his room. He felt so empty. He felt like he was drowning and he felt so lost.

He stood up from his bed and glanced at his window. He was feeling so miserable and he was aware of the reason behind him feeling so down. However, he just did not desire to admit the true reason.

He couldn’t simply stop thinking about the Angel, wondering about her. He felt a sudden desire to search for her, wrap his arms around her, never letting her go. But he couldn’t.

“It's not right," he whispered.

He went to the bathroom and shut the door behind him.

He turned on the shower inside the bathroom. As soon as the water touched his skin, he sighed in contentment. The water was what he needed to calm himself down and distract himself from any questions about her.

Grey came out of the bathroom and wasted no time as he went straight to the living room. He noticed his Mom sitting on the sofa and flipping through TV channels.

“Do you want to eat?” Anna asked.

Grey nodded his head at his mother. He remembered he had not eaten the previous day, not that he needed to, but he just didn't want to waste the food. 

Grey was grateful that his Mom did not question him about what happened yesterday. He was in no mood or even in the proper state of mind to argue. He did not like the idea of saying something he would regret later on.

Anna stood up and headed for the kitchen. She prepared her food for her son and served it on the dining table.

Grey walked to the dining table after his Mom called for him. 

Grey picked up his spoon and played with it for a while before he dug into his plate of food. Anna simply watched her son as he ate. She could tell something was bothering him due to the fact that her son never played with food.

Looking at him now, he looked so distant. Her son was too quiet for her liking, not that Grey talked much, but she could still tell her son was too quiet.

She was his mother and she knew there was something wrong with her child. She mentally sighed to avoid Grey from hearing her do that. She shook her head slightly as she continued to watch her son.

It took a while for Grey to finish his food which was an uncommon thing to take place due to the fact that Grey was not a slow eater. The entire idea about the Angel being his soulmate was distracting him. He could stop thinking about her even for a minute.

He took his plate to the sink and washed it when he was finished. He thanked his Mom for the meal before he left for the living room. 

He sat on the sofa, staring at the TV. However, he was not watching it. He was not paying attention to whatever was on display due to the fact his mind was distracted.

Anna entered the living room and sat down. She watched her son cautiously. She could see her son physically but she was aware that her son was not truly seated there, he was mentally absent from the room. She watched him closely. 

Anna opened her mouth to ask him something, anything, just to distract her son's mind from whatever was bothering him. But she could not find the right words to say. She did not want to upset her son more than he already was.

She decided to maintain silence, and continued gazing at her son, judging him from his behavior. ‘I wish he would talk to me,’ she said to herself.

Anna was used to Grey's silence, however, this time around, she was aware there was something heavy on her son's plate. She simply needed her son to open up to her.