chapter 11

“Get out!” 

Beelzebub barked at Grey who was still curled into a ball on the floor.

Grey closed his eyes tight as he struggled to stand up. The pain was too much. He stood up with great difficulty and exited the house.

His lower back was paining badly and was dripping with blood. He managed to hold himself as he walked slowly to his house.

On his way back home, he saw one individual he simply did not prefer to see now

“Josh.”

“Oh, Grey, look at you!” Josh said with a smirk as he laughed at him. “Best when it comes to capturing an Angel indeed,” he added mockingly.

Grey glared at Josh.  He was in so much pain, and he was in no mood to say anything to Josh. He just wanted to go home and simply lie on his bed.

He tried to move past Josh, but Josh took hold of his hand and shoved him tough against the wall.

Grey yelped in pain. He could not retaliate and shut his eyes tight.

But Grey being Grey would in no way let Josh take the upper hand. Even though he couldn’t use his strength, his mouth was available to use. But he knew it would cause him more pain.

“Don't be a coward, legitimate son. Are you going to combat a man who is down?” Grey asked as he opened his eyes to peep a little at Josh. He wanted to see his reaction.

Grey was aware that what he said would, without a doubt, make Josh angry but he did not care as he was already in a lot of pain. He did not mind being in more pain if Josh decided to hit him.

Of course, Josh wasted no time in hitting Grey very hard and pushed him to the floor as he walked past him.

After a minute, Grey eventually stood up from the ground and made his way home.

When he opened the door, he noticed his Mom seated in the living room. Without any further delay, she looked into her son’s eyes. She wasted no time in rushing to his side.

Anna was looking so pained all of a sudden. Seeing her son in agony, caused pain to her. She led him quickly to his bedroom and then she rushed into his bathroom to get the first aid kit.

Anna shook her head and tears ran down her face as she tended to her son's wounds. She hated that her son always had to suffer at the hands of his Uncle.

Grey noticed the tears on his mother's face. He placed his hand quickly over his mother's hand to get her attention. Anna slowly raised her head to look at her son.

“Mom, I'm fine,” Grey said, trying to sound convincing. Even though he was in serious pain, he did not want his Mom to be concerned about him.

“No you are not,” Anna said, shaking her head as more tears fell out of her eyes. 

“Look at you,” she said pointing towards the scars on his back. “Does any of this look fine to you?” she asked, shaking her head. “I know you are in pain even though you don't want to admit It.”

“Mom, I'm fine,” Grey said. “The pain is not that much,” he lied. Though, he was in serious pain.

Anna stopped what she was doing as she stared at her son intensely, not uttering any word.

Grey looked at his Mom in confusion. He was wondering why his Mom was staring at him like that. 

Anna however remained quiet as she gaped at her son.

Grey was no longer cozy with the silence, so he decided to break the silence.

“Mom...”

His words were cut off when his mother spoke