chapter 31

When they arrived home, Grey was carefully laid on the mattress.

"Can't you heal him?" Ariel asked.

"No, his injuries are too deep. I have to treat him," Raphael explained before he rushed out of the room to get his supplies. 

Anna was at her son's side within seconds but what she saw drained the colour from her face. Her legs weakened and she fell to the ground. 

Tears ran down her face as she watched her unconscious son. She whispered his name continuously.

"I never knew you were the one," she whispered. Her body trembled as different thoughts ran through her head. 

"What do you mean, Anna?" Ariel asked.

"I got a revelation that someone was going to get hurt but I never knew it was going to be my son, neither did I know the condition would be this worse," she explained. 

Tears flowed freely from Ariel's eyes as she watched her grandfather treat her soulmate's wound.

"When is he going to wake up," Ariel asked

"I don't know for now, Ariel. His condition is really bad," Raphael replied truthfully. 

He had never felt so helpless before, he wished there was something he could do. He watched as tears fell from his granddaughter's eyes. A sigh escaped his lips as he glanced at his son who had a pained expression on his face. 

"We should leave him for now," Raphael spoke softly. 

The entire family slowly left the room, leaving Ariel alone with her soulmate. 

"Grey," she whispered painfully. "You have to pull through this. I can't continue living without you." 

She rested her forehead on his as she continued to weep.

                          ***

Raguel was pacing around. He had so many thoughts going through his mind. He glanced at Anna when he heard a painful sob escape her lips. He felt sorry for her and he wished there was something he could do.

"We have to do something, Raguel," Michael spoke.

"What can we do, Michael?"

"We have to visit Heaven. They can’t let Grey die, not after what he did for heaven." 

"You are right, Michael. We should visit Heaven," Raguel agreed. 

"I think I should come with you guys since I'm an elder Angel. It will be easier to get access to the superior Angels," Raphael said.

"Okay, let's go," Raguel said as he flashed his wings. Michael and Raphael did the same and they all left for Heaven.

When they arrived at Heaven’s gates, they were stopped by the gatekeeper.

"To what do we owe this visit?" the gatekeeper questioned.

"We have to see one of the superior Angels," Raphael replied.

"Why should I grant you entrance? You no longer live in heaven."

"It's a matter of urgency."

The gatekeeper eyed them before he nodded his head and allowed them access.

"Follow me," Raphael instructed. 

Michael and Raguel did as they were told. Even though they lived in Heaven before, they had never been to this side of Heaven. It was a restricted area and only elder Angels could have access to it or Angels who have done something wrong. Their matters are usually dealt with there.