chapter 23

Grey landed in the living room alongside the Angels.

“Demons fly slow,” Ariel said teasingly.

“Sorry, but I don't have wings,” Grey said, smiling at her.

“Ariel!” Her mom called out to her as she snatched her daughter from Grey and hugged her tightly. However, Ariel groaned in pain which made Elena step back a little and look at her daughter properly. “Oh my God!” Elena exclaimed.

“What have they done to you?” she asked, shaking her head at her daughter's appearance.

Raphael, without any delay, got to her side. “I will heal her now,” he said as he placed his hand on each part of her body that was sore, and Ariel instantly felt relief from the pain she had been going through.

Maria hugged her granddaughter and she pulled her husband into a hug too but Samuel groaned in pain.

“Are you hurt?” Maria questioned, checking her husband's body.

“A little,” he replied. 

Raphael quickly moved to his friend's side and healed his wound too.

“I'm so glad you are home, dear,” Anna said, smiling at her.

“All thanks to you,” Elena said. “I'm genuinely grateful,” she added.

“You don't need to thank me. She is my son's soulmate and she is also like a daughter to me,” Anna said, smiling at Ariel.

Ariel shifted her gaze between her Mom and Anna; she was confused about what they were saying but she didn’t have enough strength in her to ask questions.

“You need to rest,” Elena said concernedly.

“You too,” Anna said to Grey 

“Mom, I'm...”

“Fine, Anna completed his statement. You are always fine, Grey. Take your soulmate with you and go upstairs. Rest,” Anna said authoritatively. 

Grey smiled at his Mom as he led the way upstairs to the bedroom.

“Let's take a bath first,” Ariel suggested.

“Okay.” 

Grey led Ariel into the bathroom and she gazed at her soulmate lovingly.

“Take off my clothes,” she whispered.

Grey smiled at her and moved closer to her. He placed smooth kisses on her lips and trailed light kisses on her neck as he eliminated each of her garments until she had no clothes on.

Ariel removed Grey's clothes too and pulled him into a kiss as soon as she finished disposing off his clothes.

Grey held her tightly as he kissed his soulmate.

“I missed this,” Grey murmured, kissing her deeply. 

Ariel gladly welcomed all his kisses, and held Grey tightly. She felt Grey slow down the kiss. She protested by gripping Grey's waist and kissed him hard.

Grey kissed back but withdrew himself quickly.

“Grey,” Ariel whined.

Grey chuckled softly. “I want this too,” he said. 

“Then come get it,” Ariel said, attempting to pull Grey back into the kiss.

“You need to rest Ariel,” Grey said worriedly.

“But...”

“No buts. We can do this later,” Grey said.

“Okay,” Ariel said half-heartedly.