chapter 32

Ariel was seated next to Grey. It had been two days now and he had not shown any sign of waking up. She had cried so many times, begging him to wake up but nothing had happened yet.

She missed him so much. She prayed every day for him to wake up. Tears threatened to fall from her eyes but she blinked the tears away. She glanced down at Grey and kissed his forehead.

"Please wake up."

She heard a knock on her door and after a few seconds, the door opened to reveal her mother standing outside.

"Ariel," Elena moved away from the doorway and stood in front of her daughter.

Tears spilled out of her eyes. Elena quickly wrapped her arms around her daughter. After a minute, Elena pulled back from the hug.

"You have to eat," she said.

"What is the use anyway? I'm going to die."

Elena was taken aback by her daughter's words. "Don't say that. Nothing is going to happen to you."

"I don't know what to believe, Mom. Grey has been unconscious for two days now."

She shook her head and glanced at her soulmate. "I don't think we will survive this."

"Don't say that. You and Grey are not going anywhere." She pulled her daughter back into her arms.

A painful sob escaped from Ariel's lips. Elena's heart shattered at the sound of her daughter's cries. She hoped everything would be fine. She was already losing faith but she knew she must be strong for her daughter.

"Let's go downstairs," Elena said.

Ariel glanced at her soulmate. She was a little reluctant to go with her mother but she finally left the room.

When they got downstairs, Ariel looked at the sad expression her family had on their faces. There was no longer laughter in her family. Her once happy family was slowly fading away. She sighed softly as she took a seat.

Ariel's eyes met with Anna's. She could see how terrible she looked. Her hair was messed up, her face was pale, and her eyes were swollen from crying.

Ariel shut her eyes for a few seconds before she felt her Uncle's presence. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at him as he took a seat next to her.

The silence stretched between the two. Michael opened his mouth to say something but he shut it back. He glanced at Ariel, who was looking at him.

"I don't know what to say to you," Michael whispered. "But I just want you to have faith. I believe everything will be fine."

"I have lost my faith and I have accepted my fate. I'm going to die."

"You are not dying, neither is Grey," Michael said sternly.

Ariel shook her head. She didn't want to argue with her Uncle.

Michael sighed softly. He stood up from the couch. His eyes met with Raguel's. He had never seen his friend look that dejected before. He walked out of the house.

He looked around for a few seconds. "I feel so useless. There is only one thing I can do and I hope it's the right step to take."

He sighed softly as he flashed his wings and left. Michael landed outside Heaven's gates. He took a deep breath and approached the gatekeeper.

"To what do we owe this visit, Michael?" the gatekeeper questioned.

"I would like to see one of the superior Angels."