chapter 22

Grey was sitting on his bed, staring into space. He had been like that ever since Ariel was captured by the demons. He had not slept nor had he eaten anything.

His mind was constantly wandering to his soulmate. He was aware she was not faring well because he could feel her pain and her emotions which made him very weak.

He stood up from the bed, headed to the window, and stared outside.

“Please be alright,” he whispered. “Be strong for me,” he added.

He heard a knock on the door but he did not even make a move to open the door or ask the person standing outside to come in. He just remained quiet.

A minute later, he heard the door open, and sensed his mother's presence. Though, he did not turn to look at her.

“Son,” Anna called out as she moved closer to him.

Grey remained silent as he continued to stare outside.

“You have to eat something,” Anna said. 

“How can I eat?” Grey whispered. “I don't even know if she has eaten,” he said. 

“I know son but you need your strength,” Anna pointed out. 

“No,” Grey shook his head. “I will not eat anything until she comes back to me.”

Anna sighed. She knew it was difficult to convince her son.

“Please Grey,” Anna pleaded.

“I can't, Mom. I just want her back,” Grey mumbled. “I cannot stay without her,” he added.

There was silence between the two of them before Grey spoke again. 

“If something happens to her, I will kill myself,” he said sternly. 

Anna flinched at her son's words. “Don't say that,” Anna said quickly. “Don't ever say that,” she warned. “Ariel will return,” Anna continued confidently.

Grey remained silent as his mother pulled him in a tight embrace.

“Let's go downstairs,” Anna said after a minute.

Grey nodded his head as his Mom led the way out of the room.

                            ***

Ariel's eyes were closed but she was not sleeping. She was so weak from all the beating she had got. Her body was sore. She tried to sit up straight, however, a little scream escaped her lips.

Ariel heard the door click open. She opened her eyes slowly to see who was coming in but hissed when she saw the person.

“Hello there,” Erna started with a smug look.

Ariel glared at her.

“Look at you,” Erna said as she slapped her hard on the face.

Ariel shut her eye's tight as she absorbed in the pain.

“I do not even understand why Josh wants to wait before killing you,” Erna said. “I will simply do it now. And I will make it look like an accident,” she added.

Ariel's eyes widened in shock as she stared at Erna's eye's which were now red.

Erna stepped closer to Ariel, wrapped her arms around her neck and tightened her hold on her neck.

Ariel gasped, attempting to battle out of her grip. But she was fortunate when the door opened and Josh came in, pushing Erna away from Ariel.

“What the hell do you think you are doing?” Josh shouted at Erna.