chapter 27

It had been two days since Ariel and Grey's mind link strengthened, and they had gotten used to it.

It was exciting for them to be able to talk to each other in a room full of people, without others knowing what they were saying.

“Hey, wake up,” Ariel said softly.

She had been up for a while and had even taken her bath. She did not want to go downstairs and leave her soulmate behind, so she decided to wait for him to wake up but it had been a while now and Grey did not want to wake up at all.

Grey grumbled something that made Ariel smile 

“Wake up now”, Ariel said again. 

“One more minute,” Grey murmured without opening his eyes. 

“Stop behaving like a toddler and get up,” Ariel said, nudging him, however, Grey did not open his eyes.

Ariel stood up from the bed when she had an idea of what to do. She rushed into the bathroom and carried out a bowl of water.

“Wake up, Grey. I'm warning you,” Ariel said.

Grey did not even stir. He ignored her words as he continued to sleep.

Ariel moved closer to him and splashed cold water on him.

Grey jolted out of the mattress with force. 

“Ariel! “Grey shouted.

Ariel was busy laughing hard at Grey. “I warned you,” she said, slightly out of breath from laughing.

Grey shook his head and moved closer to Ariel, wanting to hug her.

“No, don't hug me,” Ariel whined quickly. “I have taken my bath already,” she added 

Her words did not stop Grey from wrapping his arms around her and wetting her dry clothes.

“Grey!” Ariel whined.

“Good morning,” he said as he kissed her softly. 

“Good morning to you too,” Ariel said in an excited tone.

“You look truly cheerful today,” Grey said, staring at Ariel's joyful expression. “Is anything happening?” Grey asked. 

“Not really,” Ariel said with a smile. 

“Okay.”

Grey watched Ariel as she moved to her drawer to look for what to wear since her clothes were moist.

“What are you doing?” Grey asked. 

“Looking for what to wear,” Ariel said without glancing at Grey.

“Let's take a bath”, Grey said. 

“I have already taken my bath,” Ariel responded.

“Then take another one,” Grey suggested 

Ariel turned to look at her soulmate with an amused expression. “How can I take two baths in two hours? It is crazy,” she added.

“No, it's not,” Grey stated as he pulled Ariel with him into the bathroom and shut the door behind them.

“You are crazy,” Ariel whispered. 

“Yes, about you,” Grey murmured, sealing their lips together. They made out for a while before Grey turned the shower on. 

When they were done bathing, they left their bedroom and headed downstairs.

“I thought you guys wanted to remain in your bedroom all day,” Elena said with a smile as she glanced at them.