chapter 30

Grey was running very fast as he attempted to get to Ariel, however, she seemed very far for him to reach.

“Ariel,” he screamed, placing more effort in running. 

Somebody immediately took hold of Ariel, which made Grey ice over in his step when he saw his Uncle with a knife pointed at Ariel's throat.

“You should have known this won't end well,” Beelzebub shouted.

“Please don't kill her. Take me instead,” Grey pleaded with him.

“Sorry, nephew. However, she has to die,” Beelzebub barked.

“No.......”

“Wake up, Grey!” Ariel said as she shook him hard.

Grey jumped from the mattress and looked around. He noticed he was in his room. His eyes rapidly met with Ariel’s and he rushed to her.

“It was just a dream. I'm so happy you are here,” Grey said as he held her tightly. “I was not able to reach you on time,” he whispered.

“Shhh... it's okay. I'm here. It was all a dream,” Ariel assured him. “Let's go back to sleep, it's still early,” she said softly.

Grey laid back, holding Ariel tightly before he was able to drift off to sleep.

Grey slept for hours before he woke up. He opened his eyes and looked at Ariel who was still sleeping.

The war that was taking place today was putting him on edge. They had been training for weeks for this day, and he was still feeling scared. The dream he had early on did not even help his case.

He sighed softly as he kissed Ariel before he left the room and headed for his mother's room.

“Come in, son,” Anna said when she heard the knock on her door. “Hey,” Anna said with a smile.

“Good morning, Mom,” Grey said.

“Good morning,” Anna greeted back.

“Mom, I have a request to make,” Grey said softly.

“Go ahead,” Anna said as she waited for her son to speak.

“I do not want you to go with us to the war,” Grey stated calmly.

“Why? I can defend myself,” Anna pointed out.

She had been training a lot in the past few weeks, and she truly got magnificent stamina. She was determined to go to the war.

“Mom, please don't go,” Grey pleaded with her. 

“But...”

Grey shook his head at her, “I will not be able to concentrate well knowing you might be in danger,” Grey said.

“I simply want to help, Grey,” Anna started.

“Help by staying at home for me. I do not want anything to happen to you. Please, Mom,” he pleaded.

“Okay, I won't go,” Anna assured her son.

“Thanks, Mom,” Grey said as he kissed her cheek before he left her room.

On his way back to his room, he saw Raguel.

“Good morning,” Grey said.

“Good morning,” Raguel responded. 

“Wait!” Grey started, stopping Raguel before he could leave.

Raguel turned back and looked at him.