Chapter One

Aria's P.O.V.

After spending a painful year and a half at Liberty High, I finally graduated from that hellhole. But, even though I was happy that I graduated and that I was finally free, I was also really sad. My sister Hannah had been bullied to death, and it was still hard for me to come to terms with it. I was planning on going to college but my mental state was still broken and I decided to take a gap year to fully come to terms with my sister's death before I got into college.

After Hannah died, my best friend Clay was the one who tried to help me cope with this tragedy, and in the process of healing, Clay and I had fallen in love, and we became boyfriend and girlfriend. And after graduation, we moved into our own place and we got jobs to support ourselves. I had started working at Monet's, and Clay continued working at the Crestmont.

I was working an hour later than I usually did, and I quickly texted Clay telling him that I was going to be home a little later. Clay wasn't one of those boyfriends who would spam my phone asking where I was, but he was really protective of me.

Aria: Hey baby, I'm gonna be home a little later tonight because we're understaffed today.

I didn't expect Clay to respond because he rarely checked his phone for texts. But I was a little surprised when he responded right away...

Clay: Okay baby, I'll see you when you get home my love, I love you!

I couldn't help but smile at his sweet texts and how understanding he was. He was like one of those boyfriends you would dream about, he was really cute, really sweet, and always made sure that I was okay. That was always what I looked for in a guy and Clay fit the criteria perfectly. "Hey, can I get a mocha cappuccino?" a familiar voice asked. I looked up and I swear that I almost crapped myself right then and there.

It was Bryce, Bryce freaking Walker. The man who raped Jessica, and my sister. I tried to say something, but the words could not come out. "B-Bryce, I didn't know you came here," I stuttered. "I don't usually come here, but it's summer so, yeah," he answered. I was trying to act normal in front of him. But, it was very hard to act normal in front of someone who hurt someone that I love.

"Are you gonna get my cappuccino or what?" Bryce asked. "Uh, yeah, that'll be $5.00," I answered clicking a few buttons on the register. Bryce handed me a five-dollar bill, and I quickly made the cappuccino, it was very tempting to spit in his drink, but I held back the urge knowing that if me and Clay wanted to have a future together, I had to keep my job. "Here you go, anything else?" I asked.

"Yeah, just one more thing, what's going on between you and Clay? I haven't seen you two together in a while," Bryce asked. I had no idea what he was talking about, Clay and I rarely fought, and we were that happiest that we could ever be. "Nothing is going on between me and Clay. Why would you even ask me that?" I asked. Bryce gave me that sick, sinister smile and he sighed slightly. "No reason, just if you and Clay ever break up, just know you can always come to me," He chuckled.

I was disgusted, Bryce had hurt so many girls, and I wasn't going to become one of the girls who he took advantage of. He may have fooled everyone into thinking that he was a changed man, but truthfully, he was hiding his black soul. "Get out of here before I call the cops," I whispered so nobody could hear me. I stared into the murky depths of his soul almost daring him to try to pull some shit on me.

"You have a nice day," Bryce whispered, and he walked out of the coffee shop with his cup in his hand. I let out a sigh knowing that he was gone, I didn't know if I should tell Clay what happened with Bryce, or if I should keep it a secret from him. I just couldn't wait to get home to be with Clay, and hold him so close.

Violent Passions and Violent Ends (A Thirteen Reasons Why Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें