Chapter Four

Clay's P.O.V.

The next morning, I woke up and looked down at Aria who was still sound asleep in my arms. Strands of her soft hair lightly brushed against my arm, and she slightly moved her head burying it a little deeper into me. She looks like an angel. I wanted us to stay that way forever, but I finally decided that today was going to be the day that I ask her the big question. I carefully reached over to my nightstand and I pulled out the black velvet box.

I also decided to make this morning special, I got out of bed and I changed into regular clothes and shoved the box in one of the pockets of my shorts. I walked over to the kitchen and made a delicious breakfast for two of pancakes, bacon, eggs, and two glasses of orange juice. By the time I walked into the bedroom,  I saw Aria was stretching her arms out. I watched as those beautiful brown eyes fluttered open and I placed the tray of food on the bed next to her. "Aww, Clay, thank you I love it!" She smiled. I planted a kiss on her soft lips and sat next to her on the bed and we took turns feeding each other.

"Mmm, these are good!" she smiled. "Anything for the girl I love," I smiled. She leaned in slightly, and she took a small napkin and wiped the corner of my lip with it. "You had a little piece of bacon on your face," she smiled. We continued feeding each other for a little while, and soon we were snuggling together on the bed looking into each other's eyes. The voice in my head was telling me to just ask her already, now was the perfect time.

"Hey Aria, I need to tell you something," I said as I ran a hand gently through her hair. "What is it Clay?" she asked sitting up slightly in the bed. I carefully reached into my pocket to pull out the box, but then I heard a small gasp. I looked up at her worried that something was wrong. She wasn't looking at me, she was looking at the clock that was on the bedside table. "I completely forgot I have to take over Jenny's shift today! I'm gonna be so late!" She said quickly hopping out of bed.

I wanted to let out a frustrated sigh, but I bit back my tongue knowing that Aria would be asking what was wrong, and I would have to make up an elaborate lie. "I'm so sorry Clay, you can tell me what you wanted to say later okay?" She said as she quickly changed into her Monet's t-shirt. "Yeah, that's fine," I said. She gave me a quick kiss and she ran out the door. She came back two seconds later claiming that she forgot her keys and she left again.

I waited for a minute until I was sure that she had left the building and I screamed my frustration into the pillow. "Goddamn it!" Every time I tried to ask, It like there was a shield that was preventing me from just saying those four little words. I was praying to god that her day would be better than yesterday, so that way I could try to ask her later that night. I laid back in the bed and pulled out the box again and I imagined the look of happiness on her face when I asked her the question...