Chapter Thirty Three

A week later...

Clay's P.O.V.

It had been a week since Hannah was born, and I was the happiest man on earth. The love of my life was still alive, and I had a beautiful daughter. We stayed in the hospital for a few days while Aria recovered from the C-section. And when we got home, I carried Hannah in my arms as I showed her her bedroom, and I could see the small smile on her face, I could tell that she loved it...

 And when we got home, I carried Hannah in my arms as I showed her her bedroom, and I could see the small smile on her face, I could tell that she loved it

 I knew that life was going to be different with a baby, but I was willing to take the challenge and be a good father to my little girl. That night, Aria and I were in bed sleeping, and then I heard the sound of Hannah's cries from her bedroom. I woke up instantly, and I saw that Aria was still asleep. I got up from the bed and walked into Hannah's room to calm her down.

It broke my heart to hear her cries, I picked her up and gently shushed her as she cried against my chest. "It's okay princess, daddy's right here," I whispered. She continued crying, but I gently shushed her and brushed my fingers against her back, and patted her softly. Her cries soon turned into little wails and then small whimpers that barely escaped her lips.

"I'll always be right here," I whispered. I sat down in the rocking chair in the corner of the room and gently rocked her back to sleep. I heard someone clear their throat and I looked up and saw that it was Aria standing in the doorframe. "How's my little girl?" she asked. "She's good, she just fell back asleep," I whispered. Aria sat down on the floor next to the rocking chair and we looked at Hannah as she slept peacefully in my arms.

"I'm so happy that I get to spend my life with you," Aria whispered. "Me too," I whispered back. I carefully stood up and I carefully put Hannah back into her crib, but the moment I put her there, she started crying once again. I pulled her out of the crib and I laid down on the floor and placed her on my chest. The moment she heard the sound of my heartbeat, she calmed down. "Come on, Hannah, please go back to sleep," I whispered. 

I knew that I couldn't move otherwise she would start screaming again, "I'm probably gonna be here for a while, so you should get back to bed," I said to Aria who was still sitting next to the rocking chair. "No, I'm gonna stay in here with you and the baby," she smiled. She crawled over to me and laid down next to me. She gently wrapped an arm around my torso and rested her head against mine. "I love you," she whispered. I kissed her softly and smiled at her when we pulled apart.

"I love you too and I love you too, Hannah,"