Chapter Eight

Aria's P.O.V.

"What did you say?" I asked. I was in shock, How did this even happen? I was afraid to ask her, fearing that she would yell at me. "You may be asking how did this happen Aria, I'll tell you, but you need to promise me that you won't tell anyone about this, not even Clay," she sighed. "I promise, Jess," I said.

She let out a slow shaking breath and she looked back at me. "When we went out for girls night a few months ago, I saw Alex was at the nightclub, and I decided to talk to him because we hadn't seen each other since graduation. But, we didn't just catch up, so yeah, that's how it happened," she explained. I remember that day clearly...

We were at a nightclub, Courtney, Ani, and Chloe were there, and we were all having a good time, and Jess told us that she had to go to the bathroom and that she would come back. But, she came back half an hour later. I was a little confused and asked her why she was gone for so long, but she just claimed that she got sick and couldn't get off the toilet.

"I don't know what I'm going to do Aria, I don't want to get an abortion, I can't do that to a defenseless baby," Jessica sobbed into her hands. I gently pulled her into a hug and we held each other as she cried into my chest. "It's gonna be okay, we'll figure something out," I whispered. I've never had to deal with a situation this big before, and I had no idea how I was going to help her by myself. This was going to be hard to not tell anyone, but we had to tell our friends that she was pregnant eventually.

"We have to tell people your pregnant eventually Jess, but we don't have to tell them about Alex being the father," I muffled. We pulled apart, and Jess pulled away from me and wiped her tears away. "Your right, but do you know what would happen if Justin found out the truth? He completely lose his shit!" she sighed. "He's not gonna hurt you, Jess, I'll make sure of it," I said.

"Thank you Aria, it means a lot," I smiled at her, and we embraced each other once again, but once we pulled apart, her eyes quickly moved down my hand, she grabbed my hand, and she looked at the engagement ring on my finger. "Did Clay propose?" she asked. I nodded slowly, and she started to smile. "Aria, that's amazing! I'm so happy for you," she smiled.

"Please don't tell anyone about it yet, Clay and I are gonna tell everyone eventually," Jessica nodded slowly giving her word. "Thanks for meeting me out here, and letting me tell you about what happened, I'll call you later okay?" she said as she carefully stood up. "Okay, good luck telling Justin about the news, I promise I won't tell anybody about you and Alex," I swore. I watched as Jess made it back to her car, and after she left, I got into my car and headed back to the apartment.