Chapter Twenty Seven

Aria's P.O.V.

The next morning, I had to check on Justin, even though he was almost done going through his time of grief, I still wanted to check in on him and make sure that he was doing okay. I have to admit, helping Justin through the difficult time, also helped me through my grief for losing Jessica and Hannah. Once again, another wave of nausea hit me hard, and while I was doing the usual emptying of my stomach, I felt Clay gently rub my back and console me. "You always know how to make me feel better," I said once I was done.

"I do it because I love you and our daughter," he smiled. I gently hugged him and he helped me off the bathroom floor. "I'm gonna go check on Justin and make sure he and Xander are okay," I said. I changed into a black pair of maternity yoga pants and a long white stretchy t-shirt. "I'll be back soon, I'll bring some food home," I said after I gave Clay a quick but soft kiss on the cheek.

I walked past some of the small moving boxes that were scattered across the living room because we were gonna be parents soon, Clay and I decided that it would be best if we moved into a bigger apartment, we found a nice apartment that was a few blocks away from Justin's house, so I knew Clay would be happy about getting to see him more often. I made the long half-hour drive to Justin's house.

When he invited me inside, I was a little surprised to not hear the usual sound of Xander's cries, "I dropped off Xander at Alex's before you got here," Justin said reading the surprised look on my face. I sat across from him in the kitchen and he pulled out his "Grieving Journal." After the drama at Alex's house, I wanted to try the grieving journal technique that I heard so much about. Justin would share what he wrote, and I would share what I wrote in my journal.

When Justin opened his journal, I could see what appeared to be song lyrics written on one of the pages along with some footnotes. "What's that?" I asked. Justin looked up at me and he tried to hide what was on the page. "Justin, please tell me what's on there," I pleaded slightly. There was only one rule when it came to the journals, that rule was that we wouldn't keep secrets. Justin moved his arm and pushed the journal over to me.

My suspicions were correct, there were song lyrics on the page, I didn't recognize them so I assumed I had never heard of the artist before, or Justin wrote those lyrics. "Justin, did you write this?" I asked looking up from the journal. He nodded slightly with a small smile on his face. "I've been working on this song for a while since Jess died," he explained. As I continued reading the lyrics, I was impressed that Justin wrote something like this.

"I've been working on this song on the piano, do you want to hear it?" he asked. I nodded, and we walked into the sitting room and he pulled out a giant keyboard and placed it on his lap. I sat next to him and I watched him work on his masterpiece...

You keep telling me that I am free to go
But I am addicted to you
It's a lie
It's a lie
It's a lie

When I'm not here, you're alone
Can you walk by your own?
Don't you lie
Don't you lie
Don't you lie

And I think you should know
That I won't let it go
It was like a million times
I'm singing a lullaby
And I think you should know
That I won't let it go
I thought that it was enough
But I don't wanna say goodbye
And I think you should know
It was hard to say

Every minute that we spent together
Doesn't matter for you
It's a lie
It's a lie
You're a liar

Every time you wanna walk the door
I don't blame you
I don't blame you

And I think you should know
That I won't let it go
It was like a million times
I'm singing a lullaby
And I think you should know
That I won't let it go
I thought that it was enough
But I don't wanna say goodbye
And I think you should know

Hard for me
Hard for me
It was hard for me
Hard for me
Hard for me
It was hard for me
Hard for me
Hard for me
Yeah it's hard for me

When he was done with the song, I hugged him softly. "That was good, it was really good," I whispered. Justin looked at me and smiled. "Thanks Aria, I knew that you would like it,"