Chapter Twenty Three

Aria's P.O.V.

"Justin, I have no idea what you're talking about," I said looking up at him in shock. "Bullshit Aria, I know what you have been hiding from me," Justin growled. He pulled out his phone and showed me a text from Alex, and I wanted to melt onto the floor right then and there...

Alex: Hey Aria, just wondering, are you going to tell Justin the truth about Xander? I need to see my son.

Alex, why didn't you check who you were texting? "How could you? You and Jess have been lying to me this whole time!" "Justin, I'm so sorry you had to find out this way, But Jess wanted me to keep it a secret," I said. "Why would she do this to me? She cheated on me, with him!" Justin yelled.

Xander started to fuss, and I gently shushed him bouncing him around slightly. "How long have you kept this a secret from me?" Justin asked. "Since she found out that she was pregnant," I sighed. Justin started to get red in the face, I had never seen him this angry before. "Does anybody else know about this?" I shook my head no, throughout Jess's pregnancy, I wanted to tell someone, but I knew that something like this could happen, so I kept my mouth shut.

"That thing, is the reason why Jess is no longer here, that baby killed her," Justin said shaking slightly. "Justin, you know he's not responsible for this," I hissed. It wasn't that little boy's fault his mother was no longer around, she could've possibly had a heart condition we didn't know about. "Get out, and take that baby with you!" Justin yelled. I was reluctant, but I did what he said, I saw a car seat sitting out in the hall, I grabbed it and I installed the car seat quickly before Justin came out and yelled at me some more.

"It's gonna be okay Xander, It's gonna be okay," I whispered. I was on the verge of tears at this point, and when I got in the driver's seat, I started crying as I was driving to Alex's house, I had to warn him about what happened. When I pulled up to the front of Alex's house, I took Xander out of the car seat and knocked on the door. Alex opened it, and looked a little confused but he let me in anyway.

"I didn't expect you to get my text, considering how long it took for you to finally come here," Alex sighed. "Alex, you wrong number texted Justin! He knows you're the father!" I said as I shut the front door. Alex looked a little surprised, but he looked at his phone, and his eyes grew wide as he realized what he had done. "Oh shit," he muttered. "You didn't even think to check to see who you were texting?" I said through gritted teeth. 

"I'm sorry Aria," he said. "Well, it's too late to be sorry now, Justin knows about it and he's pissed!" I said. Xander started to look scared and he started whimpering again. "Can I hold him?" Alex asked. I nodded, and I carefully passed Xander over to his real father. "Hi there, I'm your daddy, the real one to be precise. I'm gonna be there for you, and I'm going to take care of you," he whispered.

Even though we were now in an awkward situation, this warmed my heart watching Alex hold his son for the first time, warmed my heart. I couldn't wait for the moment that I would finally be able to hold my son or daughter in my arms for the first time. "Hey Alex, there's something else going on," I said. Alex looked up at me with a look of curiosity on his face.

"What is it?" he asked. But, before I could say anything else, I heard the front door bust open and there I saw Justin standing there with a handgun in his hand...