Chapter Twenty

A week later...

Aria's P.O.V.

It was time for Jess's funeral, and I was not looking forward to saying my goodbyes to my best friend, it seemed like only yesterday we met in the counselor's office when Hannah and I transferred to Liberty High. I never imagined that I would be saying goodbye to her so soon. "Aria, are you ready to go?" Clay asked as I stared at myself in the mirror. "As ready as I'll ever be," I answered as I looked up at him.

We didn't say a word to each other as we got in the car. A few nights after I found out I was pregnant, I decided to tell him about the news after the funeral, I didn't want him to stress out about my sadness while I was carrying our baby. When we finally arrived at the church, I held Clay's hand on the way in, and we took a seat behind Jessica's family. 

The pastor walked up to the podium and began the funeral. "Welcome everyone, and thank you for coming here to celebrate the life of Jessica Davis, if anyone has anything they would like to say, may come forward to the podium and speak," the pastor said. "Do you want me to go up there with you?" Clay whispered. I shook my head, and I walked over to the podium holding my small black clutch in my hand. I felt a few tears fall down my cheeks, and I quickly wiped them away.

All eyes were upon me, I could see Jessica's parents, Clay, and everybody else staring at me. "Jessica Davis came into my life when my sister and I transferred to Liberty High, I was so happy that I got to meet her and that we became friends shortly afterward. After graduation, Jessica and I lost contact for a while until I saw her and her boyfriend, Justin at Monet's," I said.

Then suddenly, I saw what appeared to be Jessica walking into the church and she sat down in one of the empty pews. It can't be, she's in the casket. I thought to myself. "She was kind, smart and she fought for what was right, It's hard for me to say goodbye to her, but I know that she's in heaven and that she's looking on us and her son, Xander. I miss you so much Jessica, and I'll see you in heaven. If you can here me, I have a song that I want to sing for you, Even though your gone, I will carry you wherever I go," I looked out at everyone, Clay was sadly smiling, Justin was looking at me while occasionally looking down at Xander.

The music started playing and I starting singing my song for Jessica...

I know it hurts
It's hard to breathe sometimes
These nights are long
You've lost the will to fight

Is anybody out there?
Can you lead me to the light?
Is anybody out there?
Tell me it'll all be alright

You are not alone
I've been here the whole time singing you a song
I will carry you, I will carry you

I know you can't remember how to shine
Your heart's a bird without the wings to fly

Is anybody out there?
Can you take this weight of mine?
Is anybody out there?
Can you lead me to the light?

You are not alone
I've been here the whole time singing you a song
I will carry you, I will carry you

You are not alone
I've been here the whole time
You are not alone
I've been here the whole time singing you a song
I will carry you, I will carry you
(Is anybody out there?)
I will carry you, I will carry you
(Is anybody out there?)

I know it hurts
It's hard to breathe sometimes

As I finished the song, I saw Jessica's ghost smiling at me, she then stood up and walked out of the church into the gates of heaven.