Chapter Twenty One

Clay's P.O.V.

After the funeral, Aria and I stayed behind for a while to say our final goodbyes to Jessica. Aria had started crying when she glanced at the casket. I pulled her into a soft hug and I gently rubbed her back and whispered to her that we were going to get through this. When we got back to the apartment, Aria and I didn't bother to change into regular clothes, we just sat there on the couch holding each other.

"Clay, there's something I have to tell you," Aria muffled into my chest. She looked me in the eyes, her eyes were red and puffy, and she looked like she was desperate to tell me something. "What is it, Aria?" I asked. She sat up on the couch and she took a deep breath, "What I am about to say, might shock you a little bit, but I have to get it off my chest," She sighed. I was a little scared, I was worried that something else happened, but I listened to her and waited for her to say what happened.

"Clay I-I'm pregnant," she said looking up at me. I was in shock, but I was happy that I was gonna be a dad. "Aria, are you serious?" I asked. She nodded her head slightly and she got up from the couch, she came back a minute holding what appeared to be two pregnancy tests and a small sheet of paper. She handed them to me, and I looked at the tests, two pink plus's were on the small window. I chuckled softly, and I looked at the small paper, it was an ultrasound pic of our baby...

 I chuckled softly, and I looked at the small paper, it was an ultrasound pic of our baby

"Oh my god, Aria this is amazing! Come here," I said wrapping my arms around her. I crashed my lips onto hers and I couldn't pull apart from her until I was out of breath. "How long have you known about this?" I asked. "About a week, I was scared to tell you and with everything with Jess's death," she answered. I understood why she was scared to tell me, I hugged her lightly and I gently kissed her forehead.

"I went to the doctor a few days ago to confirm it, and they did an ultrasound, they said I'm about eight weeks," she explained. I couldn't believe that the love of my life was pregnant and that she was telling me about it. I couldn't stop smiling at the thought of being a father. But, when I looked back at Aria, she looked a little sad.

"Aria, what's wrong? Aren't you happy that we're having a baby?" I asked gently rubbing her back. "Of course I'm happy, Clay," I'm just scared that what happened to Jessica, is going to happen to me," she answered. She started crying and I pulled her into another embrace. "Don't worry, I'm gonna make sure that doesn't happen to you. You're gonna be the best mother on the planet, I know that for a fact," I whispered.