Chapter Fifteen

Aria's P.O.V.

For the rest of the baby shower, Alex kept staring at me and I stared at him almost testing him, if the secret came out, it could put everyone in jeopardy. But, he didn't say a word about it to anyone. After the shower, I drove back to the apartment and grabbed some leftovers from the fridge. An hour later, Clay came back home and I could see him rubbing his back constantly. "Clay, what happened?" I asked standing up from the couch.

"It's nothing, Aria. I'm okay," He answered. I knew that he was lying, I walked up to him and gave him those caring kind eyes that silently told him that I knew that he was lying and that I would help him if someone hurt him. He sighed deeply, and turned around, I lifted the back of his shirt up, and I saw a large bruise mark in the center of his back. "What is this?" I asked. Clay turned around and pulled me into his embrace. "Bryce came to the bar today, Justin and I were trying to ignore him and he got pissed off and pulled my chair out from underneath me," He explained.

I was shocked, I never thought that Bryce would do that to my fiancé. "Did he hurt you anywhere else?" I asked. He shook his head, and I felt him press a kiss into my forehead. "Can you get me some ice?" Clay asked. I nodded, and I grabbed a small icepack from the fridge and we sat down on the couch together. "So, how was the shower?" Clay asked. "It was good, Jess is really excited about having the baby," I smiled.

I could see Clay was smiling slightly, but he was trying to hide it from me. "What is it, Clay?" I asked. Clay looked at me and he grabbed my hand, lightly squeezing it. "Aria, I've been thinking, since we're planning on getting married soon, I was wondering if at some point, would you want to start a family with me?" he asked. I was slightly taken back, but I knew deep down in my heart, I always wanted to start a family with him, I didn't care if we were married or not, I always wanted to have kids with him, but I was too afraid to ask.

"I would love to, Clay," I smiled. He smiled at me, and we embraced each other tightly. "We don't have to start a family now, but maybe after we get married," Clay said. I agreed, we had plans to go to college, and a baby would definitely take up a lot of time and get in the way. So, we agreed to do that. "Are you feeling better after what happened at the bar?" I asked when we pulled apart. "Yeah, you always know how to make me feel better, that's one of the things I love about you," he smiled.

I smiled back at him, and we shared another passionate kiss.