Chapter Nine

Jessica's P.O.V.

I was relieved that I got to confide with Aria about the truth of my pregnancy, I was just hoping that Justin would take the news well. On the way home, I stopped at a small donut shop and got a dozen donuts. I wasn't going to eat all of them, but I thought that Justin might like a few. When I pulled into the driveway of the small house me and Justin shared, I took a deep breath and grabbed the box, and entered the house.

"Jess, is that you?" I heard Justin call out. "Yeah, it's me, I just went out to get some donuts," I answered setting down the box on the counter, Justin was sitting on the couch watching tv, while he was distracted I slipped the pregnancy test into my pocket and I grabbed a few napkins. "What donuts do you want Justin?" I asked. "Just a chocolate one please," he answered. I sat down next to him and handed him the donut, and I bit into my donut.

For while, we watched tv and there was a small voice in my head telling me to just tell him already that I was pregnant. I was going to take Aria's advice and not tell him that it wasn't his baby. "Hey Justin, can you turn off the tv for a second? I need to talk to you about something," I asked. He complied, and turned off the tv and looked over at me. "What is it, Jess?"

I took a slow, shaking breath and reached into my pocket, and pulled out the pregnancy test that I had taken earlier that morning, and I showed it to him. Justin took the test out of my hand and just stared at it, his eyes slowly growing wide. "J-Jess, does this mean what I think it means?" he asked looking up at me. I nodded, slowly putting a smile on my face. "Yes, Justin, I'm pregnant," I answered. Justin set down the test on the coffee table and he threw a hand over his mouth and I heard him start crying softly.

"Justin, are you okay?" I asked reaching out to him. "Of course I'm okay Jess! I'm better than okay!" he answered smiling as he wiped a few tears away. I let out a sigh of relief knowing that he was okay with the fact that I was pregnant, and for a moment, I allowed myself to be happy. "I'm gonna be a father," Justin smiled as he pulled me into a soft hug.

Then, all of a sudden I felt Justin pick me up and spin me around. "Jess, you are remarkable, I'm so happy!" While Justin was carefully spinning me around, I started to feel guilty about the fact that I was hiding a big secret from him. But, I tried my best to push that thought away, and I hoped that when the baby was born, that it would look more like me, and not like Alex, so Justin couldn't tell that the baby wasn't his.

"I love you so much Jess," Justin said when he sat me back on the couch. I cupped my face in his hands and I smiled at him. "I love you too, Justin Foley,"