Chapter Twenty Two

Aria's P.O.V.

I was relieved that Clay was happy about the news, and I finally started to feel okay knowing that we were going to do everything we could to make sure that I lived through the birth of our child. That night, I couldn't stop smiling to myself at the thought of becoming a mother. When Hannah and I were little, we used to play with these expensive baby dolls that our grandma had given us. 

I had this beautiful brown-haired girl, and Hannah had a curly black-haired boy. We carried those dolls with us wherever we went, and our parents even bought us everything that a baby needs. Then, one night at dinner, Hannah asked Mom when she could have a baby, but Mom told her "Not for a very long time," Hannah and I smiled at each other, and by the time I was seven, I had grown out of the baby doll phase. But, even throughout the years, I kept telling myself that I wanted to be a mom in the future and looking back at it, I was happy that I kept telling myself that.

That next morning, I woke up to a violent wave of morning sickness, and while I was emptying the contents of my stomach, I felt someone gently rub my back. When I was done, I saw Clay was there for me, and he gave me that kind, comforting smile that always put a smile on my face no matter what the situation was. "You shouldn't have to see me like this," I said as wiped my mouth with the back of my hand.

"I'm gonna be there for you throughout it all, even through all the morning sickness," he answered. Clay truly was a caring person, and I was glad to have him in my life. "Can I get you anything?" he asked. "Can I have water?" I asked sitting down on the edge of the tub. He nodded, and left the bathroom, he came back a minute later with a small glass of ice water and handed it to me. "Do you think we should wait to tell our parents about the pregnancy, just for a week?" I asked.

My mom was very sad when she found out Jessica died, the two of them were really close during the trial, and I was happy that Jessica had someone else that she could confide in besides me. Clay's parents weren't that affected by Jess's death, but they were still sad that she had left us too soon. "Yeah, I think that's a good idea," Clay sighed.

Then, I heard my phone go off in the other room, but before I could stand up and grab it, Clay went into the bedroom and grabbed it for me. "It's Justin," he said as he handed it to me. I picked up the phone and I put Justin on speaker so Clay and I could hear what was going on with him.

"Justin, are you okay?" I asked. "Aria, I didn't expect you to answer, is Clay there?" he asked. I handed Clay the phone. "Justin, what's going on?" he asked. He didn't answer, but there was the sound of Xander crying on the speaker. "I can't get this baby to calm down, he won't stop crying!" Justin sighed. I knew how to handle these types of situations, I handled them perfectly when it came to babysitting.

"Do you want me to come over so I can help you?" I asked into the phone. "Yeah, that would be a huge help!" Justin answered. When we hung up the phone, I quickly got dressed and gave Clay a quick kiss. "You two take care okay?" he said. I nodded, silently telling him that we would. When I got to Justin's house, I saw the place was a huge mess, and I saw Justin in the kitchen holding the crying baby.

"Thank god your here!" he said. I carefully took Xander from his arms and I gently calmed the baby down by gently patting the baby's back and softly singing. After about a minute, his cries became small whimpers. "It's okay, your okay," I whispered. "Hey Aria, can you answer a question for me?" Justin asked. I looked over at him and nodded slightly.

"Why did you lie to me?"